12. Hogwarts Hit List - We're in this together.

We're in this together

Chapter 12

She was freaking out, the dark night was suffocating her, the moon shining off the side of her face as she paced in front of Jamie, in front of the dead boy, the boy she had just murdered, the boy she was so terribly angry with, and even amidst her terror, her fear for what was to come, she couldn't say she regret what she had did, that the boy in front of her dead, wasn't innocent, and she wasn't going to treat him like one. She wasn't going to kill him, of course she wasn't, merely, she was going to scare him, make him fear her so that she had the upper hand, so that she wouldn't get detention but he would stop hurting muggleborn's.

She grabbed the body by the hair, pulling him with all of her strength whilst she cursed under her breath multiple times about the weight of him, she didn't know what to do, she was terrified to use her wand in case any source of tracking spells got her caught, that maybe anything out of the ordinary would trace anything back to her.

She had to figure it out the muggle way.

There was leaves all around her, fallen from the trees surrounding the black lake, so she used that to hide the body for now, creating a large pile under a tree and stuffing him in it, along with the bloodied knife. She was freaking out, terrified, scared of what would happen, but all she knew was that she needed to tell Theo.

So, on her way to dungeons she made a quick detour to the Gryffindor tower, it was after hours now, the castle halls dark and empty as she navigated her way through them, tears of frustrating pouring from her eyes, trying to hide from the patter of footsteps from the prefects roaming halls, trying not to get herself caught any more than what she could.

She didn't need to be seen roaming the halls if anyone had figured out that Jamie was missing they could trace it back to her, she was over thinking the situation but it could be a good thing, she was making sure there was no way to trace it back to her, thinking of the many ways to dispose of the body, she was terrified of horror movies but she spent her summer going to the cinema to watch them.

She knew how to do it.

She let her voice float through the air, the password to the Gryffindor common room, and soon did the door swing open. She was more than thankful that there wasn't anyone in the common room that could see her, she was alone, and that was enough for her to creep up the stairs to the boy dormitory.

Her head pressed against the door, hearing for any sound, hearing if anyone was awake and more than thankful that it was quiet, that there was no sound, and so she made her way into the dark dormitory, passing her brother's bed, passing Remus' and Sirius' until she got to James', seeing him sound asleep in bed, she pushed open his trunk, cringing when it squeaked and making sure none of the boys woke.

She rummaged through his things, looking for the strange fabric, the strange pattern that decorated the invisibility cloak and finally found it stuffed at the bottom of his trunk, grabbing it as quickly as she could, and clutching it tightly in her hands when she closed the trunk as slowly as she could.

Her eyes swept over each boy, seeing them all sleeping soundly, she sighed, her stare lingering on Peter for a few moments, wondering how shocked he would be, if he ever found out, wondering what he would ever say, what he would do, how angry he would be, or if he would be angry at all.

And with those thoughts in her mind did she hurry out of the dorm, hurry out of the Gryffindor tower with the cloak hanging over her shoulders, the corridors had an eerie feel to it, a wind blew through from the courtyard as Estella walked down, hiding behind the protection of the cloak, hidden from anyone in sight, she was scared of any consequences that may follow her but she knew she wasn't going to go to Azkaban at the hands of a vile pureblood.