Chapter 7: Insomnia

I've had a strange feeling all night. I was suffering from insomnia which is the condition of not being able to sleep all night. Then, something happened. I heard someone knocking on the door. I thought it might be Blake or Rose. I opened the door but there was no one. Maybe Blake wanted to scare me or play a prank. I went to check up on him but he was asleep.

     I went to the kitchen because I was thirsty. I drank some water. But honestly, downstairs is a little scary by night. So, I left the kitchen quickly. While walking through the corridor, I heard steps following me. They weren't mine. Then I turned around. I didn't see anything, just my shadow on the wall. So, I continued walking. I thought about it again. How would I see my shadow and all the lights are off? My knees started shaking. I walked faster. Then a hand touched my shoulder. I turned around immediately. I couldn't describe what I saw.

     It was the man from the shadows. He was a white man with a grey beard and an axe in his back. I think it was stuck there. He wore black clothes and a weird looking hat. After seeing him, I freezes for a while. All I could think of was dying or that he would kill. Then he talked to me, ...

"Hello. I assume that you're Maddie. David's granddaughter. Ugh, I hate that man......"

"Who are you?" shivering.

"I'm Sirius Valentine, the sorcerer of shady lane... I don't think you know me. May I introduce myself..."

"Sure..." I thought I was dying that moment.

"You don't know me. I knew your grandpa. He must've told you about me before his death..."

"How do you know?" starting to contain my self.

"I killed him... Maddie, may I tell you a little story about how I knew him?"

"Why not?"

"I would like to make everything clear. I am a sorcerer. I lived in shady lane. I had a store. Your grandfather entered it is a stormy night and ended my life and ruined his life."

"How did he end your life and you are in front of me now?"

"He killed me when he saw me doing my rituals. I was preparing for the purge. I was preparing an army. After he killed me, my soul didn't go down to hell or up to heaven. My soul was of a dead person living in an unseen world appearing to living people. Basically, I was a phantom. This didn't stop me from creating my army but first I had to take revenge from this old man. I killed his daughter and her husband to let him live with it. My shadow haunted him for years. He thought of committing suicide but you stopped him cuz he had to raise you and your brother."

"What do you want from me?"

"I want you to join my army to purge this world from humans.."

"I am a human. I can't help you destroy humanity..."

"You are half human and the rest of you is creature of a extraordinary power that's beyond what you could imagine. You are just like your grandfather. I knew that the moment I died cuz no human could defeat me but he did. And I need someone like you."

"No, I can't do this. I don't even believe you. Is this sort of a prank or something."

"Disobey me a the curse will destroy you. You will see everyone you love die one by one. I'll let you think about it. Just know that I'm always around."

     Then he disappeared in the air and a book was left behind him. I grabbed and went back to my room. It's texture was really weird. It felt like human skin. I ent to bed. I didn't sleep all night long. I just waited for the sun to rise.