Chapter 5: Nightmare

I've had a really good day. But, now it was time to sleep. We went to our rooms. I've been trying to sleep all night but I couldn't. Then, something made me remember my grandfather's death and his last words about his crime and that man from the shadows. Like, I didn't know what he meant but my curiosity makes me wanna know and I have to find out.

     Soon, I went a sleep. Or, I wasn't really sure. I went out of bed because something attracted me to look through the window then I saw someone walking in the yard. I didn't see his face. Just his eyes and they were looking straights towards my eyes.

     I heard a sound coming from the door so I turned around. I couldn't believe what I saw.

     A woman with a horrid hideous face interred the room. She had one arm and her face sewed openings. She was bleeding everywhere. I was so scared that I freezes at my place. I couldn't shout or move. She was approaching me second by second. Then, she came too closed and whispered in my ears.

"He's coming for you."

     Then I woke up. I found out it was just a dream, maybe a nightmare. But, it seemed so real and I rarely dream. What if it really happened.

"Good morning girls." Said Rose

"Good morning." We replied back.

"Honey, do you sleep walk?"

"No, why are you asking."

"Cuz I've heard a sound last night and I came to check up you, but I found you sleeping right next to the window."

"Really, then how did I wake up in bed?"

"I carried you. You aren't heavy."

" I don't know. But I don't think I walk while sleeping. Maybe this is the first time."

[Rose left the room] then Mckenzie said:

"No it isn't. You weren't sleep walking. Your eyes were open I saw you. "

"What?"

"At first you were looking through the window then you turned around and looked at the door. You looked really scared as if you were imagining stuff."

"Then what happened?"

"I think you passed out. Um... What did you see in the window."

"I saw a someone staring at me."

"Maybe you where just imaging things."

     At this moment, I knew it wasn't a dream. It was all real. That woman was talking about the man from the shadows. I have to know who's that man and what does he want and who did grandpa kill.

     The first thing I thought about was the diary. I have to read it. Gladly I have gotten it with me.I opened it and started reading after breakfast. It didn't have dates at all. And that was actually weird. I didn't have the chance to read cuz Rose was calling me. So I closed it and went to her.