You promised on your life....

There was a girl who moved into a new apartment building. The girl was named Kate and she had a window in her room which was level to another apartment window. As Kate looked out her window, in the next building she saw another girl about her age crying, head down, leaning on the window sill.

Kate was curious and asked the girl why she was crying. The girl replied, "because I have no friends". Kate didn't want to be rude so she said I'll be your friend. The girl was delighted.

Kate then asked the girl what her name was. The girl replied Tash. Tash asked what school are you going to start at? Kate said north Heath primary. Tash said I go to that school! Kate said good, we can play together! Tash said "Swear on your life that you won't leave me?" Kate was taken by surprise by this request but she said, "I swear on my life".

The next day at school Kate was with Tash and a group of girls came up to Kate and asked if she wanted to hang out with them? Kate said yes and left
Tash behind. The leader of the girls (Erin) asked if Kate wanted to attend a sleepover? Kate said yes without asking
her parents and slept over the next day.

Aftre finding out, Kate's parents were upset with her and sent her to her room. Kate looked out her window and saw Tash cying. Kate apologized to Tash, but Tash would only forgive her if she came to her house. Kate said she couldn't because she was grounded.

Tash thought and then she said I have a wooden plank. We can stretch it
window to window. Kate said she was scared because it was so high up. Tash became upset and started crying again.

Kate felt sorry for her so she agreed to do it. Kate was crawling
across when she looked over at Tash. Strangely, Tash had an evil grin on her face. Kate finally knew why and she tried to quickly get to the other side.

As Kate looked into Tash's smiling eyes, Tash said you promised on your life. She then pushed the plank, watching Kate fall all the way down with the same smile on her face ....