Prologue

When you are born, you awake to a happy mother or father holding you. Or you go your daily life hearing stories about happy families. To me there was always a question in the back of my mind, "Why do I not remember any of that"?

I remember waking up to a room, a room that was filled with white cloth dressed humans. Then faces covered in the cloth hovered adjacent of my face, shaking and nodding. One deep voice said, "All clear with the vitals", "I believe everything went well, how's the mother?" Was this my mother, my happy family? "She is fine, she is signing the papers and leaving". From that moment I knew something was different, that I wasn't one of those happy families.

In that thought I see this bright-eye-blond-lady walk in, without the white clothing, and she actually smiles. She smiles. Another hand comes over her shoulders and I see them kiss, my dad?

After long, I found myself waking up in a different surrounding. A room with color bright as the eyes could see. Smells that came as swift as the movement of the pictures of a happy family holding a child. Then I hear a noise that I jumped to, it was the people I saw earlier. They were smiling and without hesitating I opened my arms, a gesture for them to hold me.

The next thing I saw was a room with people, celebrating, cheering, crying, and screaming. This man and woman dressed in their best attire came up and was shaking hands and hugging the man and woman holding me. People became quite and I noticed I was crying. They just shoved a syringe into my arm, drawing this deep red liquid from my arm that made me shrike a cry and scream. They took another syringe and injected a liquid into me. This liquid I will figure out was vital to my daily life. Those humans will become vital to me living.