A Most Unusual Discovery (writing challenge)

A new species of flowers has been discovered in Mauritania. The new flowers come in various colours. Ranging from white to purple. Each part has it's own different properties which is yet to be tested. So far the tests for what we have tested seem promising. Our herbologists, healers and other leading experts will be testing this new plant to the fullest extent possible. The plant is made of three parts. The root, stem and actual flower. The thick roots are white in colour and have been tested in hot, cold, and warm water. We know that in hot water the root will dissolve this could prove to be effective as we have seen that the root has a soothing effect on the drinker. So in hot water the root can be used for potions to treat mental illnesses or child in pain. In cold water it has no effect and as so can not be used in potions the cold water takes away the soothing proprieties. The stem is being used to come up with a new potion because when adding the stem as a whole or separating the paste that oozes from the stem it can be used as a non-chemical pesticide. The flower part has been tested and is being used to cure diseases. The body is accepting the flower when it enters the blood stream to cure of infectiousness diseases. The stem it seems and the paste within is not safe for humans. The plant looks like an every day plant with pedals ranging in size from a far but when up close you will see that the plant is fuzzy or even spiky depending on how close it is to the stem. So from bottom to top we have the white root which can be used in calming potions, the stem is deemed unsafe for humans at this time, and the flower is being used to cure infectiousness diseases.  We will also tests what happens if we chop the flower part and actually make it a liquid. It is possible this will happen and will be sold at stores. It is a rare new plant and experts are excited to see how far this plant can go.