chapter 9

We were fighting, as if there was no tomorrow, quinque and kagune alike. Aogiri launched their battle, and were mercilessly slaughtering every investigator in their path. In return every dove annihilated any ghoul they  and across. Kaneki stood next to me, our eyes trained on the display in front of us. I took a deep breath, feeling the fabric of my battle suit shift.  The dark blue shirt stopped above my waist, allowing my kagune to move freely, the black skirt I wore stopped mid thigh. The outfit showed my curvy yet muscular figure. I wore a pair or sneakers with it. My green eyes changed splitting in two as one human and kakugan eye.
     I watched as my team mates ran and jumped from the building above the scene. I released my breath and dived as well. My arms were spread wide as the air whipped my hair and body. I activated my kagune and swung it downward catching myself before I hit the ground. Cold autumn air filled my lungs once again as I scouted out my team mates. I moved my kagune around allowing it to move freely, electricity erupting from the predatory muscle. Adrenaline began to flood my system as I ran forth, ready to battle. As I battled I never once killed anyone human or ghoul. However I watched many be killed. Even though as an investigator I was surrounded by death, seeing it now through the eyes of a monster, the eyes of a ghoul, was much different. It gave me an uneasy feeling, my heart raced, my breath shaky, as death was around every corner. In my position I was a traitor, belonging everywhere yet no where.
     My eyes darted everywhere, in search of lingering threats. My legs carried me, wandering with an uncertain direction. I need to find Kaneki, my brain seemed to scream. I took notice of the lack of his presence. I stiffened and took off, no care for my well being whatsoever. I had a dark feeling creeping up into my nerves. When I turned, there was a sight to behold. The sweet smell of blood, and death. There among the field of decay stood the god of death, Arima Kishou. My breath caught in my throat. As I watched the scene I took notice of someone I would never see come home again, a smile forever gone. Like a leaf in an autumn breeze. "Kaneki..." I breathed, tears stinging the edge of my eyes. "Kaneki!!!!" I screamed, agony tearing at every fiber of my being. My hands clamped around my mouth as strangled sobs escaped my lips. I felt my kagune whip around me as I looked up. Arima stared at me.
     "Arima, please, kill me." I whispered in grief. I looked him in the eyes. "Kill me dammit! I have nothing to live for!" I screamed.
    "(y/n)..." He said quietly. We had been through much together, as close comrades. When he looked at me, he didn't see a monster, he saw the sweet girl who would bake sweets for everyone. The girl who was cold as ice and level headed in battle. I swung at him.
    "You killed him, you took him, take me to him..." I whisper as I collapse. "He saved me Arima, I love him...please...kill me." He stepped toward me. Pushing aside all of his memories, focusing on the fact I was no longer a human. He raised his quinque a delivered a blow to me. The sharp weapon pierced me, I smiled. "Thank you." Was all I whispered before darkness claimed me.