Life is hard, school is tough, friends are invisible.

"Aria, get up already!"

"Shit, Aria why are you such a pain in my ass!"

So, yeah, hi my name is Aria, as you can already tell. Yes, this is my mom. Well, more like my step-mom. I was practically raised by her. My dad died when I was seven and I never knew my mom. I was never sure why my step-mother hated me, but I could guess I kinda gave up on knowing. I always dreamt of leaving, however, just never knew how I was going to survive.

"Uh...", slowly getting out of bed.

As, I went downstairs my step-mom stood there. I didn't really care though, it happened like this everyday. For some reason she always had this face like she had just drank a gallon of sour milk or something. I quickly grabbed my backpack, my lunch, and headed out to the bus stop. As usual, I was the only one at the bus stop. My step-mom always made me leave an hour before the bus got there because she always had to leave at 6 and she didn't want me to destroy anything. For some reason, she always thought I was going to break something. She's a bit stingy.

"Hi", I said mumbling at the bird.

It was winter time, so there was normally never anyone at the bus stop. If there was, they were brave or they got kicked out of their house. That was normally the case.

So, I decided to walk to school since the bus doesn't arrive until 6:30 and school starts around 7. This was probably a better day. I wasn't freezing my ass off this time.

It was around 7:15 when I finally got to school. I was pretty much known for the numerous tardies. Normally getting detention on Saturdays, however detention wasn't bad. It got me out and away from my step-mom and hey, the kids weren't that bad.

Walking into class, was a normal dread. Everyone gives you those awkward stares and stares of hate as you sit down, however that never got to me. Though, there was one thing that got my attention everyday, and the only thing I normally thought about. Planning my escape plan. A journey that would get me far and farther away from the negativity that consumed my life.

So, that was my plan. Would it work? Maybe. Maybe not.

"Aria, what's the answer?!" the teacher said in a harsh tone.

My dream my soon erased and I was back in reality. Honestly I didn't know what the answer was. I was always that girl who knew all the answers to the questions, but this time I was too wrapped up in my own reality.

"Ugh, the greenhouse effect might be causing the increase of global warming", I mumbled as softly as I can, not knowing what the real answer was.

"Anyone, else know the answer?", said the teacher as she moved on to choose her next victim.

By the end of school I was ready to leave. I never really had anyone to talk with so I was an independent girl most of the time. Everyday when I walked home from school I would stop by the gas station. There always seemed to be an old man loitering there. Although, you weren't allowed to loiter the store owners let him. He wasn't doing any harm anyways. I never really talked to him though, however today was different. 

I walked into the gas station, bought a bag of chips and soda, paid, and started walking out. 

❋❋❋

R E L A T E  to the chapter!

Have you ever felt like you don't fit in? Comment and share your story!
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

Thank you so much guys for reading my first ever chapter in my newest/oldest book! Hopefully you guys enjoyed! If you like the story so far, please hit that vote button, share the story, comment, and then read on! Have any Questions? Feel free to comment on any part of the story!

thank you!

♡♡kimber ♡♡