The Love You Save {The Girl is Mine Sequel}

I felt my jaw hit the floor with a loud thud, just like in the cartoons, "you're engaged?" I managed to say. He nodded solemnly and walked over to Lisa, slipping his arm around her waist in the process. She smiled at him at touched his chest lightly. Ugh, what right does she even have to be doing that? I thought angrily to myself. Oh yeah, they're getting *gulp* married.

"So how do you know Michael, Kelly?" She asked me casually. I wasn't really in the mood to be answering questions right now, especially while she was within hearing distance of me.

I opened my mouth to say some things that probably should not be said by a lady, but was cut off by Michael, "ya know, Lisa, I don't think now is the best time for this. How about we do questions later? I'd just like to speak with Kelly alone for right now." He said. She agreed quietly and was quickly ushered out of the studio by Michael. He watched through the glass window until she was gone, then he turned to me.
His expression was pained, that was the best I could explain it. There were too many emotions running across his face to say, so I picked the most obvious one. I'm sure looking at my face didn't help him figure anything out either.
He strode over slowly and stood before me, glancing at the floor.

So many questions that needed to be answered just kept weaving themselves into my brain. One by one each question became more hard pressed until I finally spoke.

"What the hell, Michael?" Was my first burning question.

He stood silently, still looking at the floor. I rolled my eyes and decided that if I wanted answers, I was going to have to use that brute, Italian force that my father taught me when I was a child.
I lifted his chin up to look at me with my index finger. His eyes were watering. I suddenly felt bad, but I knew I couldn't give up my mission for sympathy right now. Especially since he's not even the one who needed it the most.

"I'm sorry, Kelly. You don't know how sorry I am. I mean when you were gone I had no one, literally no one who understood what I was going through, that I could talk to about it. I started taking anti-depressant pills after a couple months, but if anything, those made it all worse. Then, there were the rumors and......... I just couldn't do it alone. My brothers eventually decided that I was getting too upset to be human any longer, and set me up on a date with Lisa, though I didn't want to at first. We started dating more and I realized I liked her. She was the one who was there for me while all of this was happening and I guess I just loved her for that. Kelly, I'm so sorry, I just...... I just........" His tears choked off the rest of the words that he couldn't finish.
His eyes were just pouring over with huge tears that seemed endless. I felt so bad for him, yet at the same time I felt the most immense anger possible.
As I watched waterfalls flow from his eyes, I suddenly remembered something.

I still loved him. No matter what he does, or whatever he thinks of me, I will always be in love with him,

I closed the distance between us and wrapped my arms around his neck in an unbreakable embrace.
His arms moved to my waist and squeezed it gently.

We stood there in his recording studio for what seemed like a lifetime, as he cried into my shoulder. A few tears rolled down my face at one point, from hearing his pleas of sorrow.
It broke my heart to see him this way, but then again it wasn't my fault.
After a while, his sobbing ceased to just heavy, labored breaths.

"K-Kelly?" He called to me quietly.

"Yes, Michael?"

"Are you mad at me?" He asked cautiously.

The question came as a shock to me. Of course I was angry, but was I truly angry at him? Or at the fact that that retched Lisa woman is where I should be in Michael's life?

I bit my lip, "I'm not........ I'm not angry with you. I'm just upset, I guess." I lied smoothly. In truth, I was not angry with him. But I was way past upset. My heart feels like it had been shattered into a billion pieces and all of the little shards of it were stabbing into the rest of me.

He sniffled, "I know you're upset, and I'm sorry about that. You should really be angry with me though, I wasn't there when you needed me."

I sighed,"how could you have been there though, Michael? It wouldn't have been possible, and it's not your fault it happened. And it's over now anyways, so we'll let the past stay in the past." I concluded. Only after I spoke the words did I realize the double meaning in them. Hopefully this passed through his mind unnoticed.
He looked up at me and stared into my tired, drawn out eyes. I stared back into his pained, chocolaty brown ones.
All was silent. It was as if we were having a conversation in our minds, although our communication was fuzzy. He knew that I needed to hear what he had to say, not just what I needed to.

He finally spoke while still gazing into my eyes, "I still love you, you know. I always will."

My heart skipped a beat when I heard him say those words. I've been longing to hear them for years now, and there they finally were. But it still didn't feel the same......

"You love her more though." It was a statement, not a question.
He hung his head. His face was framed by his soft, straight hair covering his eyes. He mumbled something to himself.

"What did you say?" I asked him.

He raised his head. I come to find he had been hiding a small, but still definable smile beneath his locks.

"I said who ever said that?"

"Who didn't?" I retorted quickly. He shook his head as his smile faded back into a poker face.

"I love her, a lot--" he paused and glanced at me with his big eyes. He then leaned in suddenly and pressed his sweet lips against mine. It felt like a need, for me to kiss him back, even though I knew it was wrong.
Ugh, why does everything so wrong have to feel so right?

He pulled back after a couple of seconds and continued, "but I love you so, so, much more." He said with that famous grin returning to his face, wider this time.

"Oh, Michael...." I trailed off as my lips met his once again.

This felt so surreal! Like an ending to a Disney princess movie. That happily ever after life that all girls fantasize about in their wildest dreams. Although this wasn't the ending of my story, oh no.

It was only the beginning.

(Hi everyone! I hope you liked this sequel's first chapter! I think it went pretty well, although I wish I would've made it longer. This just seemed like a good place to stop though, ya know? Anyways, what do you guys think is going to happen to Michale and Lisa? What do you think will happen to Michael and Kelly?! Burning questions that you all want to know, lol! They will eventually be answered. Anyways, sorry again that this chapter is so short, but hey, at least it's a chapter!