Yes to the Dress

"For the last time, Michael, you can't come!" I shouted, throwing my hands in the air. I've had this discussion with him ten times now, and his begging was beginning to sound pathetic.

"Aw, c'mon, Kells. It's not 1930; all that 'can't see the bride in her dress before the wedding' stuff is crazy! There's no bad luck . . ." Michael said, wrapping his arms around my waist. I gently shoved him off.

"Stacey is coming to pick me, not us, up any minute now, and you're not getting in that car. That's final, Michael." I huffed out as I grabbed my purse. I walked over to the door with him trailing my heels, "Kelly--"

I whipped around to face him, "Michael. You have things to do for the wedding too," I pat his chest in consoling, "I have to go do this without you. I want you to be stunned when I walk down the aisle in a few months," I joked. He rolled his eyes, but a small smile crept across his face.

"You stun me everyday, you silly girl."

I blushed but didn't say anything as I bent down to put my shoes on. I heard a car horn sound from outside. I glanced out the window to see Stacey waiting in her Camry.

"I should be back in time for dinner. If not, feel free to eat without me. I'll be back before nine for sure though." I said, kissing him softly on the cheek. As I tried to pull away he wrapped one of his strong arms around my waist and pulled me closer. His nose was less than an inch from mine, "you better be. I have something for you tonight," he said lowly. I giggled, "better be some matching heels for my dress!" I joked, kissing him lightly on the lips.

"Yeah, it's somethin' like that . . ." He chuckled and opened the door for me. I walked across the long driveway and got into the car, waving at Michael through the window.

Camilla's Wedding Boutique

"Aren't you nervous at all?" Stacy asks me as we wait in the main lobby for my consultant.

"Why would she be nervous?" Adam retorted, chuckling slightly. I rolled my eyes, "it's just a girl thing, Adam. She's kinda asking if I'm nervous of not finding a dress."

Adam looked around, clearly confused, "how the hell would you not find a dress? There's like a million of them in here."

"But that doesn't mean she gonna find the dress," Stacy turned to me and continued speaking, "remind me why we brought him again?" I laughed, "because it means a lot to me to have two of the people closest to me here while I pick out my dream dress, obviously."

"And we sure will find that dream dress of yours Ms. Thesian!" A woman's shrill voice called out to me. I turned my hand to find a hand outstretched towards me, "hi, I'm Amber. I'm here to help you find your perfect dress today." I shook her hand politely, "I'm Kelly. This is my friend Stacy and my brother Adam," I said, gesturing at them respectively.

"It's nice to meet you all. Please, come to the back area with me. We can get you two seated and Kelly, you and I can talk style."

She escorts us to one of the vanity areas and offers us all champagne, to which we obviously incline. After getting comfortable, Amber begins to ask me about what I think I want.

"Well . . . I don't know, really. I've thought about getting married before but never really pictured myself in any particular dress. I guess I would like something elegant though. And long. I'm not a fan of short wedding dresses." I made a face to go along with my statement. Amber nodded in agreement, "well, since you don't have a particular style, starting out should be easy. Wait here and I'll pull some dress off the rack for you. What size?"