She's A Baby (Jenyong)

"She’s a baby, once you get to know her, she’s a baby
She’ll get in big trouble if you leave her alone all day
Bad bad, you better not touch a single hair on her
Let her sleep well yeah"

- Zico (She's a Baby)

° • ♡ • °

Maybe it was the way her hair fanned out while she slept; the way she'd pout slightly if she got something wrong or didn't do something right. Or, maybe it's because of her ever so tantalizing smile that can catch anyone off guard with how pretty it was. Whatever it may be, all Taeyong knew was that she was like a baby; so delicate and sweet, he just felt the need to watch over her and protect her. He watched as she slightly moved under the thick layer of blankets that covered her as she slept on the couch. Jennie had come over last night, crying her heart out, her emotions being too much to bare. He wondered how a person like her can even shoulder that much pain and only wished that he was the one to experience it instead, wanting to set her free.

He later found out that her boyfriend (her dumbass boyfriend) had repeatedly been cheating on her and, being the big softie she was when it came to that piece of trash, she forgave him everytime. Jennie confessed that she just couldn't handle it anymore after witnessing it first hand in their shared apartment and decided to break it off for good. Most of the night was just Taeyong trying to comfort the crying angel while simultaneously plotting a murder. He was livid at the thought of somebody hurting, in his eyes, the perfect girl. And to think that he was jealous of him this whole time because he got this God sent human being irked him. It was no secret that he's loved Jennie for maybe as long as he can remember. The two had been childhood friends, both their parents being really close. His mom had always told him to take care of Jennie; watch after her well. That connection may have been the start... the start of being forever in, what he thinks is, a one sided love.

The clock ticked slowly and steadily, catching his attention. It was 30 minutes past nine. He released a soft sigh and looked back at Jennie, still curled up comfortably on the couch, "damn... at least I don't have work today. Jen, you're timing is impeccable." he chuckled patting the top of her head, causing her to snuggle closer to her blanket, "Jen," Taeyong called, "wake up and eat something." His hand shook her body lightly. She grunted slightly, "Jennie Kim~"

She turned over to the other side, hitting his hand at the same time, "go away." she murmured, probably still half asleep.

"I'll buy you food?" He suggested. Usually food would perk her up. Actually, it works for most girls.

A hand stretched over her head and fell limp over the arm of the couch, "you can buy me food later," she dismissed with a yawn. He raised an eyebrow at her. How was she so sure he was gonna buy her food? To be fair, he would, but was it that obvious?

"Jen, you'll miss you're show-"

"It's recorded back at the girls' place." the last part of her sentence was barely coherent, but he understood what she said.

Taeyong raised both arms up in the air, admitting defeat. Jennie wants what Jennie wants, "fine, but at least move to the bed." this time she rolled on her back and stared up at him, eyes half closed. She sent him a sugary smile that immediately sent his heart into overdrive.

"Carry me," she stretched both arms straight into the air and wiggled her fingers. He stared at her for a second, acting as of he were thinking about it when in reality, he'd do it in a heart beat. Taeyong released a shaky breathe before scooping up the still half asleep girl in his arms. She snuggled closer to his body, trying to remain warm with the absence of her blanket. Going up the stairs, he couldn't help but admire the way she fit in his hold. If he could, he would hold onto her forever, but good things don't last forever. Taeyong placed Jennie down on the unmade bed, pulling up the blankets underneath her nose.