>>> 1 <<<

"I'm done with boys." I angrily yell out at my best friend, Paris. I forcefully slam the fridge door closed after grabbing a bottle of water and turning to leave the kitchen.

Paris quickly, but carefully, follows behind me as I make my way down the hall to my room.

I sit on my bed and drink all of the water before I throw the bottle across the room.

"Hope," Paris sits beside me on the bed, "calm down."

"I am calm!" I roar at the wall, slamming my fist down onto my mattress.

"Yeah, sure." Sarcasm is practically dripping from her voice.

I sigh and rub a hand over my face. "I'm sorry, Paris. It's just... Stupid boys. Stupid stupid stupid."

"Hope, I'm going to be blunt here. You have been dumped so many times. There was Ethan, Parker, Craig, Johnathan, Logan, and uh...what was the other guy's name?"

"Ben," I say through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, him. What's so different about Carl? I mean, his name is Carl. That's so...ew." She fake shivers, and I simply roll my eyes.

"It's different this time because...I actually liked him. He was just like all of the other guys though. They only want to use me because my dads' are famous. Then they leave me and tell their friends they dated me. I'm sick of it. They act like little kids bragging about their new toy."

"Then lay off of the guys for a bit, Hope. I mean it always ends the same way so why bother?"

"You're right, I'm done."

Paris smiles before pulling me into a tight hug. Then the tears come. I really liked him and he knew it but he still used me. He broke my heart. He ruined my trust.

I hate how just the thought of him made a smile come to my face just yesterday. I hate how thinking of him makes me cry now. I hate how he used me without taking my feelings into consideration. I hate myself for starting to fall for him.

<><><><><><><>

"Hey, Hope." Logan gives me a nod as he passes me in the hall. I only roll my eyes, ignoring him.

I don't want to be here. Paris and my parents literally dragged me out of my bed this morning and forced me to get ready for school.

I just threw on a pair of gray sweatpants and a band t-shirt, Twenty Øne Piløts obviously being the band, and gray converse. I don't wear this sort of stuff in public but today I just don't care. My eyes are also red and puffy from all my crying and my hair is a mess because I didn't bother doing anything to it.

I head to my locker but let out a groan when I realize Logan is following me.

I open my locker before turning around to see his stupid face. Okay, he is actually really good looking but that doesn't change the fact that he has a really crappy personality .

"What do you want, Logan," I say with a sigh.

"I just wanted to say that you look great this morning." He lets out a snort at the end of his sentence which only makes me angry.