>>> 5 <<<

It's been two weeks since Craig broke up with me and I'm still upset. I haven't seen him around school, he was probably avoiding me. Paris stayed over most nights to ensure that I wasn't doing anything stupid, she stayed over most of the time anyway.

Earlier today, May texted me and asked could she come over. I told her I could pick her up after school so that's where Paris and I were heading now. I didn't have a car, my dads want to keep me as safe as possible.

We pulled into a rocky driveway of an old looking one story house. It looked abandoned if you asked me. The windows were dirty, vines were growing all around the place, the grass looked like it hadn't been cut in months, the tiny porch had missing pieces of wood here and there, and the door was barely hanging on it's hinges. There were no cars in the drive way and I turned to Paris wondering if we were at the right house, let alone the right neighborhood.

"Is this the right place...?" I trailed off in a tone that showed I was clearly unsure.

Paris shrugged and looked down at her phone's GPS. Just as she was about to open her mouth to say something, May came out of the front door of the house with a smile on her face.

Once she got to the car, she opened the back door and threw in a backpack before getting in herself.

"Hey, Hope!" She smiled at me once I turned around in my seat to face her.

"Hey, May. This is my best friend, Paris." I pointed to Paris who began to back out of the empty driveway.

"Hello Paris, nice to meet you."

"Hi, May. Nice to meet you too." Paris smiled at her quickly through the mirror before focusing back on driving.

We got to my apartment complex and May stared up at the building in awe. "Holy. Shit. This place is amazing."

I laughed at her reaction, grabbing her bag off of the back seat for her. "Wait til you see the inside."

We entered the building and with the look on May's face I'm surprised she didn't pass out from pure shock right then and there.

I shook my head at her as we continued to walk to the elevator. We got off at my floor and I opened my apartment door, walking in with Paris and May following behind me.

"This is not an apartment. This is a fucking house. Oh my god, this is amazing." May gasped out as she stumbled to take off her muddy converse.

"It's okay." I shrugged. "There's a lot to do in here and my dad's aren't home yet, well I don't think they are. They might be upstairs."

"There's an upstairs in here too?" May looked at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah, down the hall there's a staircase." I explained, pointing down the hall.

"Can your dads adopt me?" May asked with a sigh.

I laughed, "I wouldn't be surprised if they considered it. You hungry?"

"Starving."

"There's plenty of snacks and stuff in the kitchen, come on." I began to walk into the kitchen with May following as Paris collapsed onto the living room couch.

"Seriously, this place is great. I would give up anything to live here." May sat at one of the bar stools with a sigh as she looked around the huge kitchen.

"It's really just a two story house to me." I shrugged as I rummaged through the cabinets, looking for a snack.

"No, this is a mansion. Perks of being rich and famous I guess."