Chapter 21

It was early in the morning. I spent the night at Red Woody while Keegan was at Gemma's with Wendy and the boys. Chibs came down from the roof after talking to Jax. "Hey Alex, why don't you go talk to him. I think he needs you more than anyone." I nodded and walked outside to climb the ladder.

Jax was staring out at the harbor. Seagulls were chirping and you could hear a few boats sounding their horn. "Hey, love." I whispered as I linked my arm with his and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Hey." He whispered. "Did you sleep okay?"

"Not really." I grabbed his hand and led him over to a spot to sit. "What are we going to do here, Jackson?"

"I don't know. We're too deep." He shook his head.

I sighed and closed my eyes. "I want you to know that I'll be by your side through everything. I don't want to be away from you. Please don't send me away."

Jax gripped my hand and kissed it. "Not during all of this. You're to never be alone and I need to know where you are 24/7, you understand."

"Yeah. I have your back, Jackson." I kissed his cheek.

"And I have your's Alexandra."

_______________________________

"Okay, thanks Coletti." Jax sighed. We just gained intel on who could've given us up on the Chinese stolen guns when I got a phone call.

"Yeah." I answered.

"Alex," it was Wendy. "Listen, Abel is being sent home from school...again."

Confused, I looked around and walked to a more private area. "What? Why?"

"I don't know, but he needs to be picked up by you or Jax, a legal guardian." Wendy explained.

"Shit. Okay, I'll run it by Jax. I'll be there soon." I stuffed the phone in my pocket and walked back over to Jax.

"Is everything okay?" Jax asked, concerned.

"Abel is being sent home from school and they need a legal guardian to pick him up. So I'm gonna head out."

Jax sighed. "I need someone to be with you."

Tig's ears perked. "I'll go. We'll pick up the car at your house then pick Abel up."

Jax looked at Tig then nodded. "Okay. Call me when you're on your way back."

"Will do." I kissed Jax, then left Red Woody with Tig trailing behind.

_______________________________

I pulled into the elementary school's parking lot and was about to get out when I noticed Tig still had on his cut and gun in the back of his pants. "Tig, take off the cut and lose the gun." I ordered.

Tig stopped and chuckled. "Sorry." He smiled. He slid off the leather cut and placed the gun in the glove compartment.

"They said Abel is in the principal's office." I said as we walked into the school. To our left was the office. Abel sat in one of the chairs holding his little lunchbox. Tig and I entered and walked up to the desk. "Hey, I'm Abel's step-mom."

"Ah, Mrs. Teller." A taller blonde woman approached me. "I'm Ms. Harrison, Abel's teacher. I haven't had the chance to meet you, as I'm sure you've been busy recovering." She held out her hand with a warm smile.

"Hi. Can I ask why Abel is being sent home, again?" I crossed my arms. Harrison led me over to the chairs. "Hey Tig, can you take Abel out to the car? I'll be out in a minuet." Tig nodded, took Abel's hand and left the office.

"We believe that Abel needs some evaluating. He's been pretty hostile." She calmly explained.

I shook my head. "Abel had a bully get in his face, and he defended himself."

"Abel hit the kid with a metal lunchbox. It put a gash in his head. It was unprovoked." She explained. "Look, Abel is a good kid, we all know that. But losing his mom has affected him deeply."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't need a teacher telling me that."

"Mrs. Teller, we all want Abel to succeed here—"

"Y'know what I want? I want teachers, and principals, to stop judging one of my kids."

With that, I left the office and walked out of the school. I saw Tig in the passenger seat, having a little conversation with Abel, who was in his car seat.

"Did it go well?" Tig asked as I got in the car.

I started the car and drove off. "Not in the slightest. I'll talk to Jax tonight and see where he wants to take this." I whispered, not wanting Abel to hear the conversation. "Why don't you call Jax right now and tell him we're on our way to Gemma's."