Chapter 12

A/N:  Alright, gang.  Here's the date chapter.  I'll let you all get on with it.  Thanks for reading and reviewing.  Big thanks to my beta, Heather, for being so awesome.

................

"Here," Alice said at five o'clock on Wednesday night. "Put this on."

I took the dress she shoved my way and turned my back to her. I quickly stripped out of my jeans and sweater and put the dress on. It was a cute gray sweater dress, and I loved the way it felt against my skin.

"And these," Alice said, shoving a pair of black tights my way. I hated wearing tights, but it was January, and I didn't want to freeze to death on my first official date with Edward. I grumbled as I tugged the tights on and then turned to face Alice.

"Well?" I asked, holding my arms out.

"Gorgeous. Now, sit down, and let me fix your hair and makeup."

I knew better than to argue with her about hair and makeup, so I sat and suffered through the torture. I knew she'd make me look gorgeous, but I hated all the primping and plucking that went with it. She curled my hair and put a small amount of makeup on me and then deemed me ready for a date. Looking in the mirror, I couldn't help but agree with her. I looked good.

I slipped my feet into a pair of ankle high boots and put on the black peat coat that Alice was loaning me. A few minutes after I was dressed, there was a knock on the door, and butterflies erupted in my stomach. Alice flashed me a smile and gave me a wink as she opened the door. Edward stood on the other side, looking gorgeous in a pair of dark slacks and a navy blue sweater. In his hand was a beautiful sunflower which he handed to me as he came into the room.

"You look beautiful," he said, placing a kiss on my cheek, and I blushed bright red.

"Thank you," I told him. "You look pretty good yourself."

I took the flower from him, loving that he'd gotten me something different than a rose. Sure, roses were pretty and all, but I wasn't a rose kind of girl, and Edward knew it. Granted, I'd told him that sunflowers were my favorite flower one night when we'd been talking, and he'd obviously been listening. I loved that he remembered the little things I told him.

Alice took the sunflower and told me she'd put it in a vase for me. Then she snapped a picture of us before shooing us out the door as she told us to have a great time. I didn't think that would be a problem.

As we walked out to Edward's car, he took my hand in his, and I flashed him a smile. I was nervous, yet super excited. When we got to his Volvo, he held the door open for me, and I slid into the passenger seat, thanking him as he shut my door.

"So, where are we going?" I asked him as he pulled the car out of the parking lot.

"You'll see," he told me with a secretive smile.

I felt bad for hoping he wasn't taking me to a super expensive restaurant. I wasn't a fancy food person despite my supposed weird food issues.

We talked the whole way, and I smiled when we pulled into the parking lot of a Japanese restaurant. Edward parked the car and then came over to my side to let me out. Taking my hand, we walked into the restaurant where he gave our name to the hostess. We were seated at a large table with a few other diners that surrounded the hibachi grill. The waitress came by and took our drink orders and handed us each a menu.

"Do you trust me?" Edward asked, nodding toward the menu.

"Of course," I said.

Grinning, he ordered a double portion of hibachi steak which came with a shrimp appetizer, soup, salad, vegetables, steamed rice, and ice cream. I didn't even want to think about how much it was going to cost. Instead, I focused on the show the chef was beginning to perform in front of us. He sharpened his knives and utensils, tossed them in the air, and began to slice vegetables like a mad man. I watched in delight, fascinated by the presentation. I'd always wanted to go to one of these restaurants where they cooked in front of you.