The bruises

You know when you get bruises and you don't know where they came from? Maybe it happens when a 'you' in a parallel universe gets hurt.

Chapter 1: Daniel

Daniel Brown was a 13 boy who lived with his mum, dad and sister. His eyes were an azure blue and he had chocolate brown bangs. His sister, Ren, was a tall, 15 year old girl who had shoulder length black hair and hazel brown eyes. Whenever Daniel got into the shower he noticed these strange bruises that he had no memory of getting. He thought it was quite strange, but whenever he told his mum she said he was just injury prone. Daniel knew she was wrong, but he couldn't argue with her because if he did he would be grounded and Daniel loved going out to town with his mates. He was determined to find out where they came from and if they meant anything, but he didn't know where to start, so he called up his best friend, Rick, and told him to meet him in Costa in an hour.

When Dan got there Rick was sat down, waiting. Rick was smart, with brown hair that was lighter than Dan's and grass-green eyes, that made him a hit with the ladies. "Rick, there's something I need your help with." Dan said as he sat down. Rick took a sip of his hot chocolate before asking

"What is it? Let me guess, you want to ask a girl out but you don't have the guts? It's e-" he said before he was interrupted

"It's nothing like that. Ya see, because your smart, I need your help figuring something out. Whenever I get in the shower, I notice these strange bruises that I have no memory of getting, and I think it might be something supernatural."

As soon as he said that Rick's face changed completely. It went from listening to as if he was talking to an idiot. Dan was outraged. "I AM NOT AN IDIOT!" He yelled as he stormed out. Rick burst into quiet laughter before remarking "You left your drink in here!" That annoyed Dan so much. He popped his head around the corner, his face full of anger. "I DON'T CARE!" That just made Rick laugh even more.

As soon as he left, a girl walked up and sat down opposite Rick, where Dan was originally sitting. "Hey, I'm Megan" she said flirtily, winking at Rick. "Hey, I'm Rick" he replied. "You should call me sometime" she said flirtily, placing a piece of paper on the table before walking off, winking. Rick was used to this stuff, but this one was probably the prettiest. He dialled the number into his contacts, but then he realised that she would need his number. So he ran out and gave it to her. She smiled, her blonde hair waving around in the wind. Rick thought she was really hot when she smiled.

"Do you wanna maybe go to the new ice cream bar?" Rick asked

"Yeah sure, why not?" She replied