Chapter 2: Daniel

Chapter 2: Daniel

When Daniel got home, he immediately went to his laptop and searched up "strange bruises" . It immediately showed a man called John Applewhite's blog, where he claimed to have had the same problem, It said:

"Do you ever get bruises and you don't know where they came from? Me too, but I think I've found out why and how this happens. It happens when a 'you' in a parallel universe gets hurt. You see, when a 'you' in a parallel universe gets hurt, the bruises show up on you, but not the pain. The way to find out if this is true, you need to enter the parallel universe in which it is happening."

Dan had heard that people say he died of mysterious causes before he could finish it, but he thought that he realised it was a stupid idea so he stopped before he got hate comments. But Daniel was curious so he googled "how to build a portal to a parallel universe" . He knew it was a stupid idea, but believe it or not there were about five different tutorials. Dan didn't know if any of them would work, but he tried them anyway, but before he did he decided to forgive Rick for what happened and invited him round.

When Rick got there Dan was sat at the computer, watching one of the tutorials. "What you up to?" Rick asked as he sat down beside Dan on one of those computer chairs that can spin around. "Oh, just watching a tutorial on how to create a portal to a parallel universe." Dan answered. Rick looked confused "Explain" he asked as he spun around on the chair. "Well remember at Costa how I said I think the bruises might be something supernatural." Rick nodded "Well, someone else thinks that it happens when a 'you' in a parallel universe gets hurt," Dan continued "so I'm seeing if I could enter this 'parallel universe' and see if that's really the case." Rick just sat there thinking, looking blankly at Dan. "Good thinking, but if you want to build a portal to a parallel universe, the internet isn't the place to look." Dan was confused. "Look, what I mean is you need to think logically." Rick continued. "I don't get it" Dan said, still confused. "Look, let me show you." Rick said eagerly as he pulled Dan along towards where both of their bikes were stopped.

Dan cycled along after Rick, his fringe flying in his face. As he rode forward he looked over towards the sea that was covered by the massive Olympus bridge. Dan didn't know why it was called the Olympus bridge, but apparently only one person in the whole town knew why, and he didn't want to share the secret. Dan took in the lovely, clean air as he slowed down every now and then so he didn't pass Rick, who was leading him to the destination.

Once they got there, Rick disappeared behind the big garage that was in front of him. A few moments later, Rick returned with a remote control in his hand. He pushed the button, and the giant door opened slowly. Dan was gobsmacked when he saw what was inside. It was a massive portal-type structure. "What is it?" He asked Rick, studying it carefully. "Wait and see" Rick replied.