chapter twenty

i walked home a little jumpy now that i was alone and knew that vampires really exhisted...

zerek was already there and was in the middle of a conversation with ethen when i walked through the front door and instantly he looked over at me. i knew zerek was telling him that i knew what they were, but im confused as to how he's going to react to the fact that i now know...

"rose, let us explain" he begged as he quickly followed me up the stairs.

"theres nothing to explain, the name of what you are says it all" i replied as i went into my room and pulled out my bag i had packed earlier on.

"where are you going?" he asked as he followed me into sebastions room.

"home" i replied as if it was obvious as i grabbed sebastions bag and went back downstairs as he quickly chaced after me.

when i was outside, i threw the bags into the car and felt guilty for freaking out on them like this, but they werent the only reason why i was leaving. the guy i met on the road said that id basically be killed because of some witch thing. i didnt believe it was real, but if vampires are real than witches must be aswell...

"rose, we won't hurt you. you're safe here with us!" zerek reassured me as he quicky filled the gap between the car and i with his body.

"i know, it's not you guys im scared of..." i addmited before stepping around him and getting into the car.

"aunty rose, why are we leaving?" sebastion asked me in an inoccent voice.

"back home sweetie, our stay here's over" i replied before i gave both of the guys an apolagetic look and took off.

When we returned back to our house, I put sebastion to bed, made sure that all windows and doors were locked.

When I went upstairs into my bedroom, I let out a loud sigh and opened the window to let in some fresh air and sat on the end of my bed.

It was quiet with out the guys here, and it felt more lonelier...

In a way I missed them.even though I know that they are vampires, I'm not scared of them. I have no reason to be, they haven't hurt me, not even once. they even protected me...

Suddenly zerek came into my mind, the Scene of when his lips were so close to mine and I confessed that I knew what he was played clearly in my mind as if it was a movie in slow motion.

I stood up and went to walk over to my window but realised my foot was caught in the bottom of my sheets on my bed but had already taken a step.

As I fell to the tiled ground, a pair of strong arms caught me.

I looked up in shock and saw zerek holding me making me smile in which I quickly hid.

"How'd you get in?" I asked as I stood up straight.

"I went all Jacob black from twilight and jumped from a tree in through your window" he replied with a chuckle.

I knew he wasn't serious from the look on his face and crossed my arms waiting for the right answer.

"I'm strong, I broke the lock on your back door..." he replied as he casually took a step towards me...

"Zerek!" I complained playfully as I grabbed my dressing gown, shoved it on over the top of my pj shorts and singlet, then quietly went downstairs to check if it really was broken.

"I'll fix it tomorrow" he stated as he slowly brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear and my heart beat began to increase.

That exact second, he smiled and cupped my cheek with his hand.

I smiled back at him as I placed my hand over his and my eyes accidentally flickered down to his tempting lips.

"Zerek" I began before his lips smashed down onto mine and one of his hands went behind my neck as the other went around my waist.

I entwined my fingers into his dark silky hair as we leaned against the back door. just from his touch, i had electric shocks going throughout my body uncontrollably and my skin tingled in a good way...

"Aunty rose!" screamed sebastion from up stairs. instantly I pulled away and raced upstairs with zerek right behind me.

I raced into sebastions room and saw that he was missing.

"Sebastion!" I called out just before i saw a man standing beside his bed holding their hand against his mouth with a knife against his throat.

"get away from him!" i demmanded as without thinking, i picked up the metal stool beside me and threw it at him, knicking him away from sebastion.

zerek grabbed sebastion and quickly put him in another room.

"we meet again" said the man i recognised quite clearly as he was the one whom kidnapped me...

i went to run out of the door but he quickly grabbed my shoulder and flung me back into the corner of sebastions wooden bed.

i layed on the floor wincing from the pain in my head as he walked towards me quickly, stradling me with his legs and weight as he sat ontop of me.

"you werent suppose to life" he snapped as he held the knife directly above my heart and brought it up into the air to plunge back down into my heart as i thrashed around under his crasp.

as he went to peirce it through my heart,he was tackled off of me and smashed into the opposite wall of the room with zerek ontop of him, his fist tightly gripping onto the front of his shirt as he landed punches into his face continueslly.

"zerek!..." i murmered loudly hoping he would stop before i heard sebastion running up the hallway.

"zerek!" i snapped ten times louder as i didnt want sebastion to see this scene.

luckily, he seemed to hear me and instantly stopped but the look of anger on his face still remained.

"sebastion" i added as he looked at the door but it was too late. he was standing there, wide eyes, opened mouth. his eyes began to water before he started to scream from the sight of a man, laying on the floor with a bloody face and his room a mess from the short fight.

"bud" zerek started as he stood up and instinctively he stepped backwards scared of zerek as he had figured out by now that zerek had done that to the man.

zerek looked hurt, i wouldnt blame him. he had grown a bond with sebastion as they spent time with each other everyday working on that boat and they'd always muck around with each other in the house at night time.

Sebastion ran down the hallway, and down the stairs.

"Don't worry zerek, he'll calm down soon" I stated with a wince as I tried to get up but collapsed again

"Ugh, I really hate this guy!" I muttered angrily as he lifted me onto sebastions bed bridal style.

"He hurt you.... again" he stated as he scanned my body with his eyes.

"It's okay, he hardly touched me. some sleep and ill be brand spankin new" I stated with a smile as I placed my hand on his cheek before realising what i was doing. Slowly I removed my hand and let out a lows sigh before he kissed my forehead and went downstairs to get me an ice pack ...