Chapter 1

Snowstar trudged through the snow. He didn't think he could travel any longer. His large paws were numb and his hungry stomach was as loud as a lion's roar.

StormClan had been traveling for moons trying to find a new home, their old home had been ripped by a fire. They didn't want to have to leave, but there was no use in fixing the camp, or finding anywhere nearby that was a good camp.

"Snowstar, can we stop?" he heard someone ask.

"My kits are hungry and I'm tired!" There were suddenly lots of complaints coming from most of the cats,

"Yeah!"

"I'm hungry!"

"I'm expecting kits, I need to rest!"

Snowstar turned around. "Silence!" he shouted. "We shall rest here until moonhigh. When that time comes, we shall start to travel again."

All the cats sighed and lied down on some rocks. Snowstar stayed where he was, patrolling the area.

• • • • •

Lilystar stood on the Highrock, and looked down at her clan. She shook her head slowly.

ThunderClan was a very small clan, and it had been growing weaker. It had been one of the hardest leaf-bares. Kits died and some of the Clan's elders were lost.

Lilystar lifted her head when she suddenly smelled something strange. She knew it wasn't ThunderClan, but she knew it was cats.

"I should send out a patrol," she muttered to herself. She quickly hopped down from the Highrock to pick out cats for the patrol.

"Could Bravespirit, Blossomfall, and Nightwing go on a border patrol, please?"

The three cats she named came forward.

"Which border, Lilystar?" Nightwing asked. Lilystar sniffed again and answered, "The border that leads to the moorland."

All three cats nodded and started for the border.

• • • • •

"I smell something," Blossomfall announced. "It smells like a clan, but I don't really recognize it..."

"Great StarClan!" Nightwing yowled. She was staring at something in the distance.

"What is i-" Blossomfall started, but cut herself off. All three of them looked up to see a whole clan of cats standing in front of them.