Chapter One - Crybaby

The sunlight of a warm Saturday morning shone through the window.

    A young girl, only 15 years old, rubbed her eyes and sat up in her bed. She slid on her fluffy pink slippers and picked up her Rilakkuma bear before she wandered out her room and slowly walked downstairs, being guided by the smell of pancakes and bacon.
She peeked into the kitchen to see some of her family at the dinner table.

   Her mother, Meiko, was on the phone while twirling a fork in her hand; she sounded like she was talking to a friend.
Her big brother, Kaito, was lazily putting forkfuls of pancakes in his mouth. He looked like he was still tired; most likely because he was up late playing video games.

   "Good morning..."

   She slowly walked up and slid in her chair. Meiko glanced at her and made a small smile.

   "Good morning, Miku,"

   Kaito only looked at her sideways.

   "Mornin',"

   Miku didn't smile. She silently started to eat her breakfast, constantly stealing glances at the stairs, waiting for her last family member.

   "Mom, my friends' home alone tonight, can I hang out with him?" Kaito suddenly spoke up.

   Meiko didn't hear him. She was too distracted on the phone. Kaito made an annoyed face and spoke louder.

   "Mom!"

   Miku held her fork in her mouth, nibbling on the metal before speaking for her brother.

   "Mommy!"

   Meiko finally looked at them.

   "Yes, my dear?"

   Miku looked at Kaito, and he asked again.

   "Can I go to my friends' house tonight, or what?" He said.

   "No you may not. A friend and I are busy tonight, and you need to babysit your sister,"

   "Mom, for fucks sake!" Kaito stood. "I'm eighteen! And Miku is fifteen, she can take care of herself!"

   "Don't use that language around her! When I tell you something, you listen!" Meiko snapped.

   "Stop yelling in here!" Miku's father, Kiyoteru, came down stairs adjusting his tie. "Kaito, do as your mother says for once. I don't need any problems this weekend..."

   He looked at his watch and groaned.

   "I'm late, I need to get going..."

   "Daddy, I thought we were gonna play today...!" Miku said.

   Kiyoteru went and kissed her forehead before smiling at her.

   "I'll play with you when I get home later, ok? I love you~"

   "I love you too..." Miku said.

   Kiyoteru kissed Meiko before hurrying out the door. Meiko stood and washed her plate off in the sink.

   "I'm gonna run to the store real quick, do you two need anything...?" She asked.

   "More milk please...?" Miku asked, hugging her bear.

   "Sure, baby girl," Meiko pat her daughter on the head before grabbing her purse and slipping on heels. "I won't be long!"

   As soon as she shut the door, Kaito looked at his little sister with a little bit of a smirk.