2; Sweet Sorrows

Hopefully, the beautiful stranger also received the news of the vandalised building down the alley way.

I had realised that I had trespassed and vandalised a building. I closed my mouth and put on the best poker face I had. Ashley was drinking a sip of her coffee, she scoffed and muttered.

"Whoever painted that was pretty sneaky. Don't you think Laureline?"

I began to feel my face redden and become hot. I put my dish in the sink and casually walked to my bathroom to wash the guilt off of my face. I looked in the mirror and saw me. A felon. I know that the crimes were minor but they still were against the law. I grabbed my face wash and washed attempted to wash off the rest of the remaining black face paint.

After, I looked at the clock and realised it was already 11:30 and should start getting ready for work. I forgot to mention, since I'm an artist I found a job that suited my personality. I drink loads of coffee almost everyday. I know I shouldn't but it's what keeps me up to finish my pieces of art. 

I am a part time barista and part time artist. I make art such as sculptures, abstract art, clay, and oil painting. I put my art on display for others at art shows and art museums. And that's how I make my living. There are many artists in the city of Los Angeles, therefore a lot of people buy coffee all day. 24/7. 365 days a year. 

As I finished packing my apron and put my hair in the messiest bun possible, I was off to work. 

*Time Skip*

It was my last hour of being a barista. I was serving a sweet couple coffee when I heard a whistle behind me. I finished serving the couple and turned around trying to find out who was trying to get my attention. From the corner of my eye, I saw a familiar face. Serious Déjà vu. I turned to see the face, then I walked to the stranger I saw just a few hours ago. I innocently asked for the order and while he was ordering I tried to decipher the face. 

General features. His jawline. His eyes. His eyebrows. His dark brown hair. His face I could now perfectly see.

I was staring at him when finally I was shook out of thought by his voice.

"Like what you see?" 

He sniggered. I cleared my throat and did what baristas do.

"Hello, my name is Laureline and I will be your barista for your time here. You are?"

I waited for his name but my answer came soon enough. A short, pudgy girl ran up to the gorgeous stranger and literally threw herself on him.

"Omigosh HI ETHAN!!! I've missed you so much. Why didn't you bring me with you?" 

She said as she gave him a kiss on the lips. I could tell he was itching to get away from her. Then a lightbulb in my head lit up.

"Sir, I could use your help with a thing. Would you help me please?"

I was NOT very good at lying. Before she could say a word. Ethan pushed the girl off of him and followed me. I lead him to get his coffee. I decided to return his compliment from earlier this morning.

"Your paint job wasn't too shabby either, broski."

I felt a blush creep across my face. I wondered if this guy was the person from last night. I was confused. Did I get the person right? I felt anxious and began to fidget with my finger and apron. I went to turn around when I felt a hand on my shoulder. 

"I'm assuming you saw the news eh? Alley Rat?"

Suddenly, I had hope. Then, realised the news. Vandalism and trespassing. I winced and explained what I was doing there. Ethan explained his side of his story of his graffiti art. 

Just then I realised I was still at work. I looked at my watch and saw that my shift was over. I grabbed my bag and as a first instinct was to grab Ethan's hand and run out of the shop. When we stepped foot out of the door, I grinned and giggled  then looked around. I just remembered that Ethan and I were still holding hands.

Although, he didn't pull away but I just awkwardly stood there grinning like an idiot and blushing like crazy. He looked up from our hands holding and gave me this irresistible smile. He lifted my hand and kissed it. With that he cited Shakespeare. 

"Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night. Or per se this day?"

Ok ok alright. I know that this is sooo cliché right? Well, to remind you. I am Miss Sappy Sapping Sappington. So, I'm a sucker for these moments that will never happen again. Back to reality.

I think I turned so red that I was probably the shade of vibrant burnt orange in the Kylie Jenner 22| Lip Kit. I stood there astonished but then. As always and on cue, the same short girl from earlier dragged Ethan away. Moments only last a minute or two. But this moment, this moment will last forever where it could be replayed over and over again whenever I feel like it. 

This was the day I realised things would be interesting. Only Ethan and I knew that we were the ones who committed a crime. So, would he perhaps tell the police? Or will it be our dirty little secret?