Chapter 16- The Joys of House Hunting

Dani's POV

It's been two months almost three since we started looking at houses on the market and so far, there has been no luck for us. There have been a few houses that we were both tempted to buy but as much as we loved those houses, it felt like we would have been settling. It is beginning to get stressful because we needed the house to be move in ready and at the same time we would need to babyproof the house.

For the last few hours, while Selena was recording in the recording booth, I was sitting on the couch inside the studio looking at different houses on the internet. As more time passed by, the closer I got to my due date and the more stressed I got about finding a house that was move in ready.

As I was scrolling through a real estate website, one house caught my attention. It was in Playa Del Rey which is a beachside community on the Western Side of LA. Which allowed us to still be close to our families and for Justin to still be close enough where he could see his child at any time he pleased. This house has four bedrooms and four bathrooms. You could see the oceanside from the patio area but at the same time you could see mountains in the distance. I instantly fell in love with it.

"What are you looking at babe," Selena suddenly spoke.

"Holy shit, I didn't realize you were right there," I said looking up at the love of my life.

"Yup, so what are you looking at?"

"Houses. I think I found the one house that's just right for us."

"Really?"

"Yeah, here take a look."

I flipped around my MacBook around in my lap and let Selena scroll through the pictures. I could tell that she was in love with the pictures.

"Do you want to check it out," I asked shyly.

"Yeah, I do. Do you?" Selena asked.

"Yeah."

"Lets set up a viewing then."

I turned the laptop back over for the screen to face me and clicked around on the page to set up the viewing. Selena in the meantime made herself comfortable next to me on the couch, I leaned against her and she began to rub my neck.

After a few more hours of Selena laying down vocals for two other tracks. I smiled as I heard her voice come through the speakers. As she sang, I fell in love with her all over again. Soon, we got to go home to our apartment.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing. While Selena was making dinner that night, Selena was making dinner for the both of us, I was playing the guitar and writing down the melody that I came up with.

"Babe, dinner is ready," Selena soon called.

"Be right there," I called back.

I placed the guitar on the stand that was near the couch and got up to being to walk into the kitchen. Selena stood there with a smirk on her face, I could tell that she was holding back her laugh which caused me to roll my eyes at her. My belly wasn't all that big yet but the baby was beginning to put pressure on my back, the doctor said it was normal but I disagree. It just made me want the pregnancy to be over for more reasons then one. 

After dinner, Selena and I got settled on the couch for the night to watch a movie. Halfway through the movie, I began to shift due to the uncomfortable position that I was laying in. I soon found myself laying against Selena and she began to softly massage my back. It ended up feeling so good that I let out a small moan. That night, we ended up falling asleep before the movie finished.