1. The Start

"Jack.." I faintly hear. But I was too dosed off to notice. At least, not until it was a scream of three guys in my ears through my headphones.

"What? What is it? Did I get caught?" I ask, jolted awake. But I notice my character in Prop Hunt is still perfectly hidden as an ashtray behind a door. "No, but you went silent." Bob says first, then Wade speaks, "We thought your call disconnected for a second there.."

"Sorry, guys, I'm fine. Just zoning out and really distracted." I let out a small giggle like it was funny. Though I knew it was a lie.

"Jack, hun, when was the last time you slept..?" Mark asks. Somehow he can tell what's going on with me most the time. "I'm alright, Mark, really.." I try to reassure him, stifling a yawn so it isn't heard.

"No, you go get some sleep right now. It must be so late over there!" He insists, Bob and Wade just listening to our bickering. I know they don't have a problem with it when it happens, but I always feel bad that they get caught in the middle of it. "It's only.." I pause to look at the time, realizing it's actually 2AM, "It's only... It's just eleven, I'll be fine.." I lie. "Jack, I'm not stupid. Go get some sleep." Mark repeats himself.

"But we barely got to talk at all today!" I complain like a child, "You were so busy and I was recording!" I lean back dramatically in my chair. I hate sleep. Sleep is for the weak! That's why I've gone a week and a half so far without it!

"We can talk when you wake up." He says, still trying to convince me. "But you'll still be asleep when I wake up.." I complain. "Which means I can wake up to sweet 'good morning's from you!" He giggles, and I smile a little.

"But what about the video?" I ask, knowing we were still recording. "We can continue it tomorrow?" Bob suggests. Him and Wade always side with Mark when it comes to telling me what to do.. But I know they just want me to be okay..

"That's a great idea, Bob!" Mark agrees, "Now, Jack, please go get some sleep.." he makes a last attempt. I hesitate before rolling my eyes, "Fine.. I'll go to bed.. Cya, guys.." I say unenthusiastically. I hate sleeping.

We soon end the call and I turn off my recording equipment. I glance down at my ankle where a seemingly invisible chain is. Only I can see it, because I know it's there. On the end of it is a tiny balled weight about the size of my palm. The weight bared the name "Insomnia," which I guess is what I've had for a while. It used to be one chain link and a ball the size of my pupil with just an I on it. But over the passed week and a half it got bigger, and I would get even less sleep.

So, since I couldn't sleep, I recorded a video. And that's all I did the rest of the night..

❤💚❤💚❤💚❤💚❤💚

Wazzup all my moon gems, Jewel Crescent here! And this was my first chapter of my first Septiplier book! It will mostly be Jack's point of view, but I have plans for this book. BIG plans. I hope you'll stick around for those ideas! That's all the time I got for today, so I'll see everyone in the next chapter. And, remember! Stay Cool Dudes! Byee!