7. Doubt

Jack's P.O.V-

I hate it here..

I love being next to Mark, and with all of our friends, but I hate being here in general. My face was still a bit red in embarrassment from the few times people could hear my stomach growl over the mic. Ethan would ask if I was hungry, and I'd decline him. Because I'm not hungry in the slightest, my body just plain hates me.

Tyler had surely noticed I have my sleeves rolled down, but he would only glare at the fabric while deep in thought. He doesn't say anything about me having my sleeves down in warm weather, which puzzles me. Everyone knows I only roll my sleeves down when it's cold.

But off of that topic, Bob and Wade have joined us on the panel. They had got here about 20 minutes from us starting because they brought us all food backstage. Amy and Kathryn are probably trying to keep Chica out of the snacks.

It's been about 45 minutes since we started and I've skipped out on all the activities they were doing. It seemed so fun, but I was just too tired to join them.. I could tell the others and the audience were upset to see me on the mini sofa the entire time. Mark would always remind them I was unwell, he'd kiss my cheek, and do the activity.

It wasn't until the Q&A-Truth or Dare Style an hour in that it got bad.. I would only skip my turn. Then people started asking only me stuff to get me to try opening up. This went until I had to answer them.

"Fine, truth." I say, trying to sound enthused as I look to Tyler and Ethan, who are looking at tweets to give me. They scroll quite a bit, glancing at each other sometimes like they don't want to read off the tweets.

"Well?" I ask, trying not to grip my jeans as my Anxiety weight grows a bit.

"Uhm.. they all ask where you were all this time.." Ethan says quietly, but I hear him. Then I hear nothing. Everyone.. has gone.. quiet..

Even the audience, no one talks. Not even Mark. I almost forget to talk as I answer, "I had the flu.." but I can tell they all knew I was lying. Because no one talks.

Mark eventually pipes up, noticing my discomfort. But he was still curious himself, "Jack the flu doesn't prevent you from even saying 'Siri, answer call' if your phone is across the room. I know you have Siri, you always joke about it-"

"I had the flu, Mark.." I try again. I know he's upset. And I don't blame him, it's my fault I'm in this mess..

"Dammit Seán, stop lying to me!" Mark loses his cool as he stands this time, Tyler and Bob having to quickly try and calm him down but he shrugs them off of him, "Tell me the fucking truth!"

The truth...

3rd person P.O.V-

Jack stays silent while his friends try and calm his boyfriend. The people in the audience want to help, but Ethan and Wade try calming them as well.

But nothing is calming Jack..

He's just frozen in place, finally getting up to get further from Mark as the color suddenly drains from his skin as he collapses. This turns everyone's attention to Jack laying on the floor clutching his neck.

Jack is choking. The chains to his weights are wrapped around his throat and clinging tightly, suffocating him as he claws at his skin to get the invisible force off his throat so he can breathe. But nothing is working as his vision blurs.

He sees blurred figures over him and yelling and screaming. Everyone is in a panic trying to help their friend, Mark's boyfriend, the fans' Irish idol.

Mark tries keeping Jack awake or helping him. Jack's skin is cold and numb.

Then everything goes black..