Chapter 11

The group moved into the hotel ballroom and found the table that had Ash's name on it. As Champion of Alola, he had to sit with his fellow champions, but was allowed to have Serena sit with him as they're were boyfriend and girlfriend.

Gary had to sit on the professors table for obvious reasons, and Dawn wasn't too fussed either. She had enjoyed his company so far this tournament and she felt like something was gonna happen too, so it wasn't too bad.

Brock, Misty, Clemont, May, Max and Bonnie were on the Gym Leader table due to the same reason, while Red and Leaf were alone together on a randomly assigned table.

Leaf was enjoying this evening, and with it being a dance, she was even more excited. It gave her an excuse to get closer to Red, and this time, she wasn't drunk either.

They sat by themselves and just enjoyed listening to the music, with her head on his shoulder, and gently swaying back and forth in time with it. This was one of the first opportunities that they had to be together in a long time, and although they weren't together, it was nice to just spend time the two of them.

"Where are you off to after this?" She asked looking up at Red, his piercing brown eyes looking back into her blue ones.

"I think I'm going to go to Undella Town, and have a look at renting an apartment for the summer," he said. "Though it might be a bit boring just by myself."

"Why not ask Yellow then?" Leaf asked.

"She's got important business to attend to at the minute," Red replied. "And she isn't really in the mood to speak to me either. I was going to ask you, but then I know Ash has a challenger soon after this, and knowing that the two of you still live together in Hau'oli City, I thought you might be house sitting."

Leaf smiled gently and looked at him. "I know that. But at this point, even with him asking Selene to be his date and how they are sharing that bond, I think they are already or will be together after this, so she will look after it for us I think. And I'll see what I am doing, because it would be nice to spend some time just us two. That's something we haven't done since we met in Sinnoh when me, Ash, Brock and Dawn were travelling through there. So it would be a honour to go with you Red." She blushed at that last part. She was about to say something less when she was cut off by the host, Monsieur Pierre.

"Good evening everyone. We all hope zats you have been enjoying ze Tournament of Bonds so far, and thy you enjoy this dance this evening. We have one more week of action left, and it is about to get zery spicy."

"With out any doubt, please can you welcome to ze stage, your regional Champions, please? Starting with the Champion of Kanto and Johto, Lance." Applause rang through the room as Lance the Dragon Master appeared, soon followed by Steven and Diantha, then Cynthia, and finally Alder.

Then came the big time. Serena had spoken to Monsieur Pierre beforehand, and he agreed with her that it was time for her to announce her comeback. "And with my greatest, please finally welcome to the stage your Champion of Alola Ash Ketchum, and his girlfriend, former Kalos Queen runner up..."

"Wait?! Oh she did it!" Dawn screamed as Ash came out with Serena.

"Serena Yvonne!" The crowd gasped as Ash and Serena appeared on stage. They hadn't heard of that name since her mother's death two years prior. Some stood up and cheered, notably Clemont, Bonnie, Gary and Dawn, while others looked around, trying to comprehend what had just been announced.

Pierre handed Ash the mic, and they soon reached the middle of the stage where after waiting for the crowd to calm down, they both took a deep breath.

"Greetings Kalos. It's nice to finally be back here after all this time," Ash announced as cheers echoed. "I know that my beautiful girlfriend here wants to say some words quick, and then afterwards, we will lead the first slow dance of the night. So now I hand you over to Sere." He gave her the mic and kissed her quick, of course with wolf whistles from Gary, before Serena took a step forward.