Chapter 14

The next morning, the aforementioned meeting that Clemont said had to happen came to fruition in terms of grabbing breakfast at Cilan's. Max had seemed very hyper all morning according to Bonnie, having heard his cheers and frantic slams on the keyboard all through the night, and she was very ready for the day to be over so that she could flop onto her bed that night and be able to fall straight to sleep.

Max's enthusiasm seemed to spark up her brother though, and he and Max looked like a couple of madmen planning their next heist or evil plan, walking next to each other, a map in between the two, whispering to each other and chuckling, pointing at the map every time something new came into their head.

"So, what's actually going on?" Serena asked Ash, both of whom were feeling much closer to each other after the night that they had had.

"Apparently, Lysandre has teamed up with Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, to do something with the tournament," Ash told his spouse. "Max and Clemont devised a plan on the spin last night which involved hacking into something and then seeing what the data was that came from that."

"Is there any idea on what this plan is?"

"No clue at all. But we take any risks as they come to us." Ash said, knowing what the actual plan was, because Max had messaged him the main details ahead of the meeting, and they did not look totally pretty.

In the conference room of Cilan's, the group of twelve plus one with Cilan, who was there as a spectator but as a good friend of everyone, was going be in this plan but from the outside. Chatter levels were quite high as Max and Clemont set up their plan on a billboard, but were waiting for the final part of the jigsaw.

"Here we are!" An all to familiar voice travelled from the entrance of the room. Knowing the person, or Pokemon in this instance, that the voice belonged to, off of natural instinct, Serena went for Absol's Pokeball off of her belt. She stood up, ready for battle.

"God damn it Meowth, slow down old pal," James moaned as Jessie, Meowth and himself entered the room.

"Sorry James old chap, but this is super exciting, Giovanni is going down for good this time!" Meowth ran to the billboard and started to setup his projector, his keyboard being abused with the amount of characters being used. "Oh look, it's the Kalos twerpette."

"Team Rocket, what are they doing here?!" Serena roared as she raised her arm to release Absol, before her arm was caught in mid-air by Ash.

"Serena, they're friendly now, cease your fire. They're Team Intel now, and are killing Team Rocket from the inside nowadays. They want Giovanni in prison as much as we all do, the same with Lysandre," Ash explained. "They were the ones to find out by this plan in the first place. Now James my friend, please start."

"Righty ho. What we know at basic levels is that Lysandre is working for Giovanni at this point, and that it's Giovanni's mastermind behind the plan," James started to explain. "They have a desire of have all of the legendary Pokemon known to man in their hands. Why this is, we don't totally know."

"However, there have been a lot of recent developments in this plan saga." Meowth brought up a document that he had found in the files of Team Rocket. It seemed to show a target, 'the girl with Zapdos' the codename.

It was quite easy for people to decipher who that was. There was only one person in the tournament who had Zapdos in their team, and that was Serena. "So what does this have to do with me then?" She asked.

"Well," Clemont inputted. "It seems like their plan is to kidnap you unfortunately, and then hold you hostage and torture you until you hand Zapdos over."