Chapter 23

Soo Jeong, arms crossed, stood next to her bodyguard – who had arrived three minutes late. She didn't bother lecturing him as he didn't necessarily have to be there; her father just wanted him with her at all times. She was actually relieved that he wasn't there at first, but of course, that was short-lived.

She observed the six as they danced and sang a song.

Hmm... They're better than I thought...

They were better than most people, but from an eye that has seen plenty of good performances, it felt like it was lacking in a few areas.

Seeing them finish, she asks, "Did you dance to a recent rookie group's song? I don't recognize any of the dance moves."

Jang Hyeon smiled, "I made it myself." Wiping his sweat off, he added, "I'm the dance choreographer."

Her eyes widened.

Interested, she continues to ask questions, "How long have you practiced?"

"This song? Hmm... a week?"

Shocked, she gaped, "Did you make this song?"

He nodded, "We got a little help from Hyung Seok's friend, Duk Hwa, but other than that, we made the lyrics and dance moves by ourselves."

From the way they performed, she had thought that they were practicing with a song from a mini album of a new group. She didn't think that they made everything by themselves with a little help of a regular from her site, Paprika.

Getting a hold of herself, she mentally shakes her head.

Clearing her throat, she gave off her professional aura, "Have you been learning Japanese, Chinese, and English?"

Seeing everyone's, excluding Jang Hyeon's, confused expression, she took that as a no.

She double-checked their schedule before handing them out:

"This is your schedule until next month. If you can do everything right and show obvious improvement, Lookism can debut in three months... which is quite fast for a group with only one experienced trainee and the rest being amateurs."

She glanced at them, "Even though you guys passed the final audition, it doesn't mean that you're free from getting kicked out at the last second, so please do make sure that you practice."

The atmosphere grew tense at that.

"Are there any questions?"

Seeing none, she continued, "I'll come back in a week to do a regular check on your singing, dancing, acting, and language improvement. I'll also be checking on what you've been eating and if you're properly exercising."

Checking them out, she added, "Since you guys are already seventeen years old, I'm guessing that you don't need to have sex education or etiquette lessons."

Seeing them shake their heads, she excused herself.

The moment she left with her bodyguard, they managed to get a hold of their breath.

The way she did everything professionally made them stand at attention as if she were a teacher giving them a lecture. The fact that she had an intimidating bodyguard, didn't help.

"...Am I the only one who felt like the bodyguard seemed familiar?" Jin Sung questioned as he glanced at his group members.

Everyone else didn't seem to agree, however, it was a different case for Hyung Seok and Vasco.

Hyung Seok was surprised that he's been seeing her a lot more often than he thought; especially as their manager.

Vasco was shocked to see the guy that beat him, a second time. The fact that the guy completely ignored him, irked him a little.