What Now?

When we got home that night, the three stooges prepared dinner. Then because we haven't taken a shower for the whole day, each one of us took turns. Eve went first while we cleaned up after eating. And as I expected, the interrogation began.

"Master!" Jonny shouted.
"What happened Captain?" San asked.
"What's with that fast development?" Hina added.
"Chill! One at a time please," I said, trying to calm them down. "Let's start with Jonny."

"Master, what happened?"  Jonny asked with a serious face.

"I don't know. We were talking about some serious stuff and I kinda, you know, comforted her."

"How did you comfort her, Captain?" San followed up.

"I. . . uhm. . . hugged her."

"WAAA!!!!!!" They all shouted in unison.

"Shhh! She might hear you. Now, Hina's turn."

"Uhm. . Did you kiss, sensei?" Hina continued.

"No."

"Awwww. . . Too bad, captain."

"Too bad? It's just the second day and we already. . . hugged. . . you know."

"That's not enough Sensei. You could have gone further than that," said Hina.

"Hina, sometimes I really wonder what's going on in that brain of yours."

"Just random thoughts, Sensei."

"Right."

"Back to the topic. How do you feel now, Master?" asked Jonny.

"Well, I don't know actually. Can you pinch me to see if I'm dreaming or not?"

"I'll do it!" shouted Hina.

"No! You can't because I'm going to do it," said San.

"Stop it guys. We all know, Master trusts me the most so I should do it," said Jonny.

"I don't trust any of you guys actually, but one of you has to do it so decide it by yourselves," I said.

The three stooges started quarreling among themselves about who is going to pinch me. I was just watching them still dumbfounded about what happened earlier that day, when Eve sprang out of nowhere.

"Hey guys! What's going on? Haha."

"They're just fighting about who's going to pinch me," I said while being in a state of confusion not even minding who I was talking to.

"I'll do it," said Eve as she sat down beside me and gently squeezed my left cheek with her fingers.

I felt the pain. I came back to reality and saw the three stooges staring at me with their jaw dropped. I then became aware that it wasn't one of them that did it. I turned my head to the side and saw Eve, smiling at me.

"Feeling better now?" Eve asked.

"Wha- What?" I replied, still in shock because of the unusual turn of events.

"I think you need more pinching to be back to your normal self, but let them do it for you. Haha. I had my fair share of you today already, and I'm going to bed ahead of you guys."

Eve said goodnight to us and really went to bed. She told us that she depleted her energy for the day so she needs to recharge. The room echoed with silence when Eve left. It must have been a whole 15 minutes before someone said something, and of course it wasn't me.

"Did you see that?" Jonny asked.

"Were we dreaming too?" Asked San.

"Let's pinch each other to find out," suggested Hina.

"No more pinching," Jonny declared. "Right Master?"

"I. . . I. . . I. . . What. . . Is. . . Yeah," I replied without understanding what I was saying.

"Master is out! Master is out!" Jonny Shouted, trying to shake me back into reality.

All of us were confused as to what happened that night. I was the most confused one though, but I was also the most excited for the rest of the Chiang Mai trip we were on. Of course, more surprises came during the rest of our trip, but for now the chapter ends here, with me awestruck and fantasizing more time alone with Eve.

To be continued. . . .