Lena

Kara's House

Kara missed Lena. A lot. She's been missing her a lot more than usual, which is strange, seeing as how they were only friends for a couple of weeks now. Ever since her and Mon-El fizzled out, it's been hard for her to focus on her job as a reporter and as Supergirl, the latter of which couldn't afford to lose focus. But she's been super (pun intended) distracted. Today was an exception, of course. The DEO managed to keep a handle on any suspicious activity, and it was her day off from CatCo, so she was able to relax at her own house for a change. 

That didn't last long as the doorbell rang. Kara groaned in frustration as she got up from her couch, ready to burn retinas at whoever was behind the door. To her surprise, however, it was Lena. Her eyes were red and puffy. She was crying recently. She walked in, wearing pajamas and holding a cup of tea, like she wanted company. Kara hid a blush as Lena sat on the couch.

"Come sit with me, Kara.. please.. I need you.." 

As soon as Kara sat down, Lena pulled her close to her chest and cried softly. 

"Lena... what's wrong?"

Lena simply kept Kara close. She wanted to help her friend, but at the same time, her hidden feelings for Lena were coming up to the surface. 

"Am I good enough.." 

Kara looked at Lena. So that's why she was here. Did she.. have the same feelings for Kara?

"Lena... what do you mean? Of course you're good enough. I'm proud to be your friend."

The last sentence hurt Kara internally, but she didn't want to scare Lena in her time of vulnerability.

"I'm... that's not what I meant at all... I meant, am i good enough for you.."   

Kara blushed brightly. 

"I.. Of course you're good enough for me."

Lena still wasn't convinced. She knew that Kara and Mon-El had broken up recently, and the last thing she would want to do was get with her immediately afterwards, but there was something about Kara that attracted her so much. She just hoped Kara forgave her for what she was about to do.

"Kara Danvers... you're so clueless at times... I know you know what I mean.." 

Kara bit her lip. What the hell, right? 

"Lena Luthor... I may be clueless, but i know a beautiful girl when i see one. And if Alex can come out to me, then I can come out to you.." 

Kara lifted Lena's face up and leaned in to kiss her lips passionately. 

"I love you so much, Kara Danvers."

Kara returned the kiss, smiling.

"And I love you so much, Lena Luthor." 

Happy #NationalGirlfriendsDay, y'all!