Part 3-The Motel

The road is desolate. Street lights will forever be nonexistent here. Jessika's nervousness increases. She brakes suddenly, takes her seat belt off and puts her back against the door. She pulls her pistol out and points it at an expressionless Victor.

Jessika: "My brain may be frying and dying but I know what the hell I just saw."

Victor: "And that would be?"

Jessika: "Open your mouth."

Victor, calm demeanor: "What?"

Jessika: "Open your mouth!"

Victor does so. His fangs aren't there.

Jessika: "What...?"

Victor: "Problem?"

Jessika: "What are you?"

Victor stares into her good eye.

Victor: "What did you see?"

Jessika: "You had fangs. Show them to me!"

Victor doesn't comply.

A staring contest of intense proportions ensues.

Jessika lowers the gun slowly. Victor slaps it out of her hand and leaps to the driver's seat. He clenches her head and uses his thumbnail to slice open the flesh on her swollen eye. Blood pours out but her eye is now visible. His fangs are exposed now, inches from her face.

Victor: "Is this what you wanted?!?! Huh?!?!"

Jessika sobs with great fear.

Victor: "Can you see?!?! Can you?!?!"

Jessika, heart wrenching: "Please don't hurt me!"

Victor's fangs retreat.

Victor: "I could have killed you then and now. I could have taken your money and car but I didn't! Instead I saved you."

Victor releases her head and gets back to the passenger's side.

Jessika wipes the blood and tears off of her face. Victor picks the gun up from the floor and hands it to her.

She takes it from him carefully.

She sits upright in her seat. Quickly she smashes the but of the gun on Victor's face.

Jessika: "Thanks for the sight but don't you ever put your hands on me again unless you are going to kill me!"

Victor shakes it off and looks at Jessika with a blank stare

Victor: "Alright then."

Jessika puts the car in drive and they continue their journey. About 10 minutes in they arrive at a rundown motel called "Inn You Will Stay". It is a motel that is simply two lines of motel rooms. The front one is facing the street and another behind that one, facing the desert. Jessika parks in hear the front office.

Jessika: "Sorry, Victor. Seeing fangs isn't like seeing a tree or a bird."

Victor: "I know. It's new to me too."

Jessika: "I do want to know how it happened. Before that though, I'll get us checked us in."

Victor leans his head back and looks at his fully healed arm.

Victor: "Why won't you die?"

About 10 minutes pass when Jessika arrives back in the car.

She drives to the row of rooms facing the desert.