16. You're a Sweetheart

Sophia POV

"Where are you guys going?" Gigi asked us, as El and I walked out of our rooms with our hats, glasses, and beach bags.

Danielle C was behind her, and looked like she waiting for Gigi. Ever since Louis came to the island, things have definitely gotten weirder between Eleanor and Danielle C. It just made me curious though. Louis had Danielle, so why the hell was he asking ELEANOR to go swimming with him. I just don't want Eleanor to get hurt or have hope for anything. So far, she seemed pretty chill about it all.

I was surprised at how chill I was acting. Cherly wasn't happy that I was going on a swim with the group, but she claimed she was having a headache. I heard them arguing in their room quietly, but didn't linger. I didn't care about them.

"We're going to thr beach with the boys." I told her, and Danielle C immediately looked to us.

"Who's going?" Danielle C asked. Eleanor tapped her foot, not caring.

"Just Liam, Eleanor, Louis, and I. No biggie. Just going for a swim." I said plainly, and Danielle looked to Eleanor. Eleanor was looking down at her toes awkwardly.

Gigi nodded her head, and said a small have fun before walking into the room with Danielle, and closing the door behind them. Eleanor let out a breath she had been holding, and we walked downstairs.

"You good?" I asked her. She seemed...jumpy now.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." She said quickly. Yeah right. She's totally nervous.

"Where's Perrie?" She asked me. I shrugged. Ever since Zayn came, Perrie's been a little...how should I put it...off? And Danielle P has just been there for her lately.

"I think her and Dani were gonna head to the pool or go on hike. Forgot which one." I said, forgetting what Dani told me. Eleanor nodded her head.

We walked outside. Louis and Liam waited for us, admiring the beautiful blue ocean. I whistled, and they both turned around. They both smiled to us.

"Took you long enough." Liam joked. Louis just kept his eyes on Eleanor, and it looked like they were having some sort of conversation in their mind.

"Oh shut it." I said with a small chuckle.

"Danielle won't be joining us?" Eleanor asked. Oh come on Eleanor. Did you really have to ask.

"No. Gigi is gonna help her get her hair back to brown. Finally." Louis answered her. It suddenly felt awkward.

"Well!" Liam clapped, breaking the weird silence. "Tommo and I found a box full of boogie boards, and stuff. Let's have some fun, yeah?"

We all smiled, and walked down the steps and onto the soft, warm, white sand. There was a light breeze, the sun was out, the water looked so blue, and calm. Perfect day.

Eleanor and I laughed as we ran for the shore, while Louis and Liam ran with their boogie boards behind us. It felt like a race. Girls vs. Boys. Girls won obviously.

"It looks cold now!!" Eleanor whined with a laugh.

"Oh stop being such a baby!" Liam teased and we laughed.

The boys waisted no time in running in, and diving on their boogie boards. Eleanor and I watched in amusement.

"If you get eaten by a shark I'm gonna laugh!!!" Eleanor shouted, and we both burst out laughing.

"Now that hurt the soul!" Louis shouted over the waves with a laugh.  Seems like a little something is going on between the two.

"Hurry up! Get in!" Liam shouted, and I shook my head. The waves rolled against the shore, hitting out ankles, and then flowing back into the vast ocean.