Chapter 4

Thank you all for sticking with me this far!  Lots about to go on, so let's begin.  So many questions.  I hope I will answer them all.

Sophia PV

Sophia woke to her cell phone buzzing on her nightstand next to her bed.  The only person that texts me is my mom.

Good morning beautiful.

Good morning.

Picking you up in an hour.

To go where?

School. Duh.

Alright. TTYL.

Crap.  Sophia jumped out of bed, throwing clothes onto the bed.  After deciding on a light blue button blouse and a khaki pencil skirt with the same sandals from last night, she took a quick shower.  I really need to paint my toes.  She finished dressing by pulling her hair into a loose ponytail.

"Are you eating breakfast this morning, dear?" Olivia asked Sophia she sat in one of the stools at the counter in the kitchen.

"Definitely.  I'm so hungry mom."  Sophia answered and was handed a plate containing eggs, bacon, pancakes, and hash browns along with a glass of orange juice.  Sophia ate as though she hadn't eaten for days.

"So how did it go with Liam last night?  You were asleep before I could ask."

"Pretty good actually."  Sophia thought back to the night before and the conversation she had with her mate.  He had accepted her apology for being cruel and insensitive.  Sophia had promised him that she would try, even though she still did not fully agree with having a mate. She could, though, already feel a strong pull toward him from the bond the two were beginning to share.  She and her wolf wanted to be near him as much as possible. They had spent most of the night in Liam's office talking about nothing and everything.  "Getting to know each other" as he put it.  He was so adorable when he was being concerned for her.  Sophia was amazed at how close they became and how much their bond grew in one conversation.

Liam sat on one side facing her on the dark brown over-sized sofa in his office.  She watched his eyes grow lighter and darker as he spoke to her about his family, school, his friends, and being Alpha.  She caught herself a couple of times staring at the dimple next to his mouth that could be seen through the short hair growing on his face.  This made him look a little older, wiser and so sexy.  Many times during this conversation, which she mostly listened to his sultry voice, she had to calm her wolf.  Sophia's wolf wanted nothing more than to pounce on her mate and mark him right there on that sofa. These feelings were very unusual to Sophia.  This whole experience is one that she had prayed to the moon goddess that she would never experience. But, for her mother, she would try to be a good mate and Luna for Liam.  For her mother, she would try anything.

Sophia was brought out of her thoughts of the night before by a knock on the door.  "It's probably Liam.  He said he would be picking me up for school.  Bye, mom.  Thank's for breakfast." she said grabbing her bag and opening the door.  The air crackled as he stood looking at her with approving eyes.

"Hello, Liam," Olivia said while bowing her head in respect.

"Good morning Olivia.  Hey beautiful."

"Have a nice day dear."

"Thanks, mom.  You too." Sophia called over her shoulder before shutting the door.

"This is your car!" she exclaimed as she looked at the 2017 Charger Hellcat.  It was that sexy silver color with black racing stripes and black 24" rims.  "Oh, my goddess.  This is a gorgeous car." Sophia said while gliding her hand over the passenger side fender.