Chapter 6

Sorry for the time between uploads.  Family stuff and Christmas time. And, I have to admit, a little writer's block. Working on two stories isn't easy. Trying to get an upload schedule for both together. Thanks for reading, commenting and voting.

Sophia PV

Sophia woke to her phone ringing loudly. "Good morning, my love," said a familiar voice.

"Good morning. What time is it?"

"It's still a little early, but I wanted to catch you before you made any plans. Would it be alright with you if just you and I hung out together today?"

"You mean a date?"

"I suppose."

"I guess that would be fine."

"Great. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes."

"A...Alright. Should I be getting afraid right now?"

"No. Not at all. I'll be there to get you around eleven."

"See you then."

"Till then, my love."

Sophia hung up the phone and placed it back on the stand next to her bed. She glanced over at the clock that read 9:27 am, which gave her just enough time for a shower. Sophia grabbed her robe and walked into her ensuite bathroom. She stood under the hot water for an extra few minutes to let the heat relax her already tense muscles. She stepped out of the shower once she had finished rinsing her hair. The smell of coconuts filled both the bathroom and her bedroom. She chose a pair of khaki Capri cotton pants and a thin light pink short sleeved shirt with a simple slip-on pair of white sketchers. She pulled her hair into a high ponytail and decided on simple makeup consisting of light natural eyeshadow and nude lip gloss. Taking one last glance at herself in the mirror before walking out, Sophia grabbed her purse and phone and walked downstairs.

"Good morning, mom," Sophia said as she walked into the kitchen to see her mother sitting at the bar reading the paper and drinking a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, dear," her mother said looking up from her paper. "What are you doing up so early on a Saturday?"

"Liam called and asked me on a date this morning. He just didn't say where he was taking me."

"Maybe it's a surprise. And I thought you didn't want to get close to him."

"I thought that I didn't either. But my wolf wanted different. We accepted him as our mate last night. It's actually not as bad as I thought it'd be, mom. At least not as of yet."

"That's great, dear. The moon goddess does know what she's doing, Sophia. And, Liam really isn't that bad. I've talked to his mother quite a few times about him. She's just as excited about the two of you being mates as I am."

"Oh, mom, you didn't. I haven't even met his mom yet."

"It's alright, dear." her mother chuckled touching Sophia's hand with hers.

"Mom, I'm so embarrassed."

Just then, there was a knock on the door. "Is it eleven already?" Sophia asked walking to the door.

"You ready, love?" Liam asked as he looked at Sophia. "These clothes are perfect for where we're going."

"And where is that?" Sophia teasingly asked Liam.

"Let's get going so we can get there while it's still a little warm. Have a good day Ms. Theresa."

"You two also." Theresa waved nodding her head to their Alpha.