Appreciation

~SHIRO~ (space daddy) ;)

A moment after I said those words I hear footsteps behind me. I wipe my face and quickly turn around to see a smug looking Lance.

"Are you alright Lance, you should be in bed."

"And so should you. I just came hear to check on you, but then I come hear to find you pouring your heart out." He sounds concerned for me but also something else that I can't detect.

My face goes red.
"Y-you heard all of that huh?" I scratch the back of my neck as he nods his head.

"I'm sorry I know it's not professional and I shouldn't be feeling like this, it just kinda-"

"You love her." I've never seen Lance smile so bright.

"I do."  I say with a happy sigh.

"You want to talk about it? I'm a great listener." He walked closer to me, and I swear with that smile on his face that could light the universe, he felt like a brother to me.

"Didn't you basically just hear me?" I said with a laugh.

"Well yeah, but I'm just shocked that you really love her. I never guessed." Lance said softly.

"I guess I'm really good at hiding my emotions." I gave him a smile and turned back to look at Pidge.

"When she gets out of there, you should tell her." There was this look in his eyes that I couldn't detect. Like he knew something that I didn't.

"Lance I can't. And you know why. I can't ruin the team by having a romantic relationship. It would get in the way." My heart clenched at those words. I loved Pidge, but the team had to come first. Saving lives and protecting the universe were most important. There was no room for me to have something that made my life complete. It would be selfish.

"I don't want her to get hurt again."

"You have to know that there will be times when she gets hurt. That's one of the perks of being a paladin of Voltron. But we will always be there for each other. Just don't think that she's fragile cause she's not." He gave me a smirk. "She's the toughest one out of all of us. I'm glad she has you."

"Thanks Lance. I've never really said this to you alone,...I think you are a great paladin. I don't know  what we would do without you. By far the best pilot for the blue lion. I've never got a chance to tell you that."

I stumbled a bit when he gave me a strong hug. It was nice to have this Space family.
He broke the hug and gave me a brotherly smile.

"Thank you Shri-"

His words were cut off by the sound of the healing pod opening up behind me.

HEY! This chapter was to give alittle Lance appreciation because I love that flirty space cinnamon roll. Overall I just really love the bromance between them. It's like a beautiful family. *starts crying*
Curse you DREAMWORKS for making me have so many feels!!