I Don't Run Bases

I'm awake but i don't dare open my eyes. An aweful, strange smell hovers above my face. I feel a body move slightly near my legs. The smell wavers. i pretend to move in my sleep and murmur. then, catching him off guard, i open my eyes, kick the stinking sock away, jump and pin him down. I look down at my little brother. He has electric blue eyes, golden blonde hair and tan skin that match mine. He's dressed in his yellow and purple baseball uniform.

"Alexa." He says pleadingly.

"Charlie." I return.

"Our game is at 10." He says, struggling against me. I simply pressed his arms down harder.

"In the morning?"

"Duh, Lex." He made a face. I turned my head to look at my clock. Crap, it's already 8:30 and we need to be there to warm up at 9:45.

"Then get out so i can get ready." I say, releasing him reluctantly. I jump in the shower quickly and get dressed. Coach shirt, shorts and trainers on and my hair quickly brushed, i grabbed an apple and my purse and dragged Charlie out the front door to the car. He chattered on and on about the other guys on the team and their gossip while we drove to the local fields. I'm assistant coach for the freshman baseball team and the fact that I'm a senior girl painted a big red target on my face. The boys made up stories about how far they've gone with me. Ha, yeah right.

When we got to the field at 9:50 the team was eager to find something to tease me about.

"Amazing Alexa is late!" Nate yelled, using the team's nick name for me. Ugh.

"Gasp!" Callen says dramatically. The team says he's gay, which only fans the fire he has to get me to fall in love with him. Yet again, ugh.

"Nate! Stay away from my girl!" Chase yells as he reaches to put his arm around my shoulders. I side step and he hugs air. The boys all laugh and head out to the dugout.

The boys clatter about in the dugout, chatting and laughing as I talk to the head coach about today's batting order.

"What base did you get to with her?" I hear Callen say. Disgusting freshies.

"Well..." Nate begins bragging, making it up as he goes.

"Ha! Yeah right Nate! I've gotten farther with her than you have. Right sweet-cheeks?" Chase says, leaning agains the dugout wall, wiggling his eyebrows seductively.

"Boys, please. I don't run bases. But you do, so get out there and warm up." I say hitting them each upside the head slightly as they walked out to the field.

*******************************************************

Hey guys! New story, i know this is short but its kinda just a preview kinda thing ya know? so let me know if you like it! :)