Chapter 2

I, unfortunately, have to walk down the freshman hallway to get from the entrance to my locker. I walk down the hall confidently, having learned that trying to hide from the boys is futile. I'm wearing my converse, my favorite jeans and my coach jersey since there's a game tonight. Oh, and don't forget the jean jacket and baseball cap.

"Hey Babe!" Nate yells from his place beside a pretty girl's locker. She glares at me, i come up to her and whisper, "He's all yours, trust me." She smiles and i mess up Nate's hair as i leave them to their freshie-flirting.

"Hey sweet-cheeks." Chase says as he catches up with me, jogging to keep up with me.

"Shouldn't you keep to girls your own age?" I say, eyeing the turn into the senior hall where the presence of the guys would ward him off.

"Well, older women are more mature and more... experienced." He winks at the last word.

"I thought i told you, I don't run bases Chase." I say, turning down the hall. He follows me until realizing that the varsity football players like to congregate near my locker. 1 Alexa, 0 freshmen. I begin turning my lock as I feel eyes settle on my back.

"Hi Ethan." i say, not even turning around. The star quarterback for our school finally seperates himself from his pose and comes to lean against the locker near mine.

"Alexa, babe." He says, reaching for my waist. I slap his arm and continue reorganizing my books into the right order for today.

"I'm not your babe, Ethan. I thought we settled that last time." I say curtly, trying to dismiss him.

"Alexa, I told you i'm sorry. I really am, I-" He begins to apologize again but i cut him off by slamming my lcoker shut and briskly walking away.

"Alexa, please." He grabs my wrist just as my hand touches the door handle of the Girl's Locker room. I turn around to see a sight that all the other girls in my school would kill for. Ethan Harrison with a tight hold on my wrist, his pleading chocolate eyes looking into my blue ones.

"You're not sorry." i say quickly as i yank my arm away and rush into the locker room for pe before i can get lost in his eyes and his repeated apologies. The girls know something is wrong, seeing as i'm storming about the locker room but no one approches me, knowing that i'm too stressed to give in to the  locker room gossip. My best friend Lana looks right at me. She sees right through my tough exterior. When we get out into the gym she requests that we play baseball.

"Lana, you are a God-send." I say to her as we grab helmets and line up in batting order outside. The prissy populars are up first, wanting to get it over with. One of them whines at the pitcher to slow down. Ha. Everyone swings at the air.

I step up to home base. The wooden bat twisting between my hands. All the girls are gossiping, the left fielder looks distracted by... a butterfly? The pitcher looks indignant, like i'm just another easy out. The ball leaves his hand and spins toward me. A crack sounds out as i hit it toward the distracted left fielder. The gossips are silenced as I, as shocking as it may be, run the bases. It was a homerun, much to the other teams dismay. The other team has sophomore baseball players on it but I strike them out easily with the help of the gossips being excellent distractions with their flaunting and flirting. The girls don't even bother to line up again. They let me be their "batter" saying that they'll run but I hit homeruns so they can just walk the bases. Ha, you'd think that running bases would be easy for them by now...

As we walk back to the locker rooms i hear the guys whisper my name. i don't care. I know that they've never seen any girl hit like that. They don't know me, I've been invisible since sophomore year.

***************************************************************

Sorry it's short again... i gave some hiiints ;) hope you liked it!

this is dedicated to my friend brandee! :) she's awesome and helped me a TON with my geometry software!