One

Alexander walked onto the campus grounds. He looked at the big building which he imagined was the main hall and office. He walked with three suitcases behind him.

He walked up to the office which was near the main entrance to the large building. He waited a little while, setting his bags down by the doors, before walking into the office to ask for his schedule.

"Hi, the name's Alexander Hamilton and I'm a freshman." He said without hesitation.

"Yes, your schedule should be printed out in a bit, please sit down and wait." The lady responded.

Alex followed the directions and sat down next to a student who looked of his age. Alex turned to look at him.

"Are you new here?" The other man asked curiously.

"Uh... Yeah. Yes! I am." Alex was very new, not only to the school but to the country. He was profound in language but being a socialite was something he couldn't be. "Um, my name is Alexander Hamilton, and there's a million things I haven't done, but just you wait!" Alexander said proudly.

"Okay. You're cool, let's be friends. My name is John, by the way, John Laurens." John put his hand out to shake on it and Alex gladly obliged.

Names were being called in the background and soon, John's name was announced.

"John Laurens! JOHN Laurens?" A young woman called in the back room.

"That's me." Laurens said as he got up. "See you around?"

"Yeah! Um, later." Alex finished the conversation quickly, while John left the main office.

He looked around the bright room, noticing the grays that colored the people. Everyone looked dead and dull. Alexander looked down at himself and looked at his color, still as dull as always.

He'd always been gray, since he was little. There had always been a hole in him, always something missing.

"Alexander Hamilton! Alexander Hamilton!" The woman called.

Alex quickly got up and walked to the woman.

"Thank you!" Alexander said to the lady in the office before plucking the piece of paper from the woman's hand.

Alex went to the dorm center next, with his bags following not far behind, where countless students hustled and bustled their way in and out of the room. Once again, Hamilton walked up to the front desk, noticing the dark hues that filled the man's skin and the colorful clothing.

"Hi, I'm Alexander Hamilton. Freshman." He said without anyone asking.

"Yes. Your dorm room is actually in the building to our right and your dorm number is 23. Here's your key. Thank you! NEXT!" The young man said while opening a drawer full of different keys. He quickly gave Alex the keys to his room and shooed him off.

Alex walked away as fast as possible and he mumbled the directions to himself on the way to his dorm. The dorm was super close to the main building and was pretty much in the middle of the whole campus. Alexander opened the door and was greeted by some yelling near the end of the room.

"Holy SHIT! It's college, man!" A deep gravely voice yelled out.

Alexander approached with caution, fearing for his life and hoping that he wouldn't die in the next few days. He walked to the room where the ruckus was coming from.

"Yo! It's Alex! Sup man!" It was John. To Alex's surprise, there were two other men with him, one bulky and muscular with a slight, well combed fuzz of hair and a thick, dark headband wrapped around his forehead, and the other man, well groomed with a ponytail with curls visible from the ends of his hair. John was jamming out with his friends while talking.

"Oh it's you, John! I thought I was going to die within a few days!" Alex said.

"Depends on how you make friends! But I'm Hercules Mulligan, and you're welcome here anytime!" The big, muscular man said.

"It's the other way around, Herc! I live here, you don't." John said punctually.

"Je m'appelle Lafayette. Bon apres midi, Alex." The man in the curly ponytail announced, regally.

"Nice to meet you Lafayette. My mother taught me French, so joke's on you." Hamilton said, witty in response.

"OOH! Burned!" Mulligan yelled out. "Me and John don't even know French." He confessed.

"We try. Hey, me, Laf, and Herc are going to the bar tonight. Wanna come with us?" John was nice enough to invite his new roommate.

"Yeah! Why not?" Alex said shortly.

"Okay! You should get settled in. Herc, Laf, I'm kicking you out now." Laurens said, switching his focus to his friends.

"Ass." Mulligan muttered as he left.

"You wish you had some." Lafayette retorted.

"Donkeys are gross, man." Hercules responded.

The door shut. Alexander walked out of the room and went to the room next door to unpack. John felt something odd happen inside him, like he had a fever. He quickly went to the bathroom to check his mouth. Fuck. He had a pink tongue and his eyes were blue. This is bad. But he just met Alex. He can't be his soulmate, Alex was also probably super straight, anyway. But maybe Alex didn't know that some people reacted that way when they met their soulmate. He walked back to his room and plopped on his bed.

"What time are we heading to the bar?" Alex inquired.

"I think around 8 o'clock, we probably won't be there first, though. I never am, anyway." John answered, boredom filling his voice.

"And what time is it now?"

"It's, like, 3, dude. Chill."

"It's hard to chill when you only know three people." Alex confessed without shame. John sat up straight away.

"What?" Shock and disbelief filled John's eyes.

"I'm new. I told you." Alexander said calmly.

"I thought you meant to the university!"

"Well, you thought wrong then." Alex teased and chuckled slightly.

"Oh, shush. Where are you from anyways?" John was missing that piece of information.

"The Caribbean. Nevis, to be exact. There was a hurricane that destroyed my town and I just kept writing about it. My writing was so good that I got a scholarship to be here. I have no family though. My dad walked out on us, my mom died from an illness, and my cousin committed suicide." Alex's life was kind of a tragedy but he seemed to have gotten over it.

"Oh damn. I'm sorry." John remarked.

"Meh. What can we do?" Alexander really didn't seem too bothered. "I hope the beds aren't too stiff."

"They're actually pretty nice."

"I don't know what to do."

"Did you unpack already?"

"While we were talking."

"Just nap, man." John spoke with finality and soon he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

A/N: This is the first chapter to this book! It's the reason that I haven't posted anything for a few days. For a word count of 1126, it took me super long to write. I want this to be my main focus and will be spending a lot of time on this. I actually have a twitter. It's hamiltonmanbuns, if you want to check it out. I'll probably change my name on here to match my twitter. Anyways, thank you for reading! Ciao!
-Ham and Spam