Chapter seven: Small talk

Chapter 7

Aika

“Are you alright?” Haru worriedly asked.

He stopped by at my apartment. After that incident, Masato drove me here to get rest.

“Aika?” he asked, tapping me.

I nodded, “yes I am” I paused “Sorry for making you worry”

“Umm, Aika?” he said. “We can enter in another school if you want”

I shook my head, “I don’t want to disappoint my parents and Grandma. You know how much they want me to attend that school”

“But you’re being bullied!” he reasoned.

“I can take the risk” I smiled.

It’s true I’m being bullied; it’s true that I don’t want to enter that school. But what can you expect? I love my parents and my Grandma, I can’t disappoint them.

He sighed, “and now he proclaimed that you’re his girlfriend” he paused. “That’ll create a massive war. Can you stand it?”

“You’re talking to Aika Asami here Haru!” I proudly said, “I can do anything”

He smiled and held my hand, “I’m always watching you Aika”

I nodded, “I know”

Haru left after an hour, I stopped by at the convenience store to buy Yakisoba and a canned juice.

“Aika-chan?” someone called.

“Reiko” I said, “you’re also buying here?”

She nodded, “I always do. So how are you? I heard about the incident. I’m sorry”

I shook my head, “Don’t be, it’s not a big deal”

“Why don’t you leave?” she asked, with a sarcastic tone. Then she smiled,

“I don’t want to” I replied.