letters (6)

ⓐⓛⓔⓧ

~~~

After I went off on Luke I marched out of the lunch room, called my mom and made her pick me up. I wasn't going to stay for the rest of the day and be tormented for something I never did. It was ridiculous.

"Stop crying, c'mon stop it." I mumbled to my self while wiping my tears away. Though it was hard to separate my years from the rain I could still tell I was crying.

"Alex? What're you doing out here? No little girls should be out here in this weather." I turned around to see Michael

"I'm no ones little girl. It's too late for that shit." I snapped at him.

"I get it. Really I do. Luke's a real asshole sometimes I'm sorry. He just doesn't realize the impact of what he says." Michael said quietly

"But I didn't even do anything. I don't get it. I've barely came out of my room since I've gotten here. I don't have any friends, I don't think I want to try to make any actually." I felt my tears welling up again in my eyes. "It's just not fair" I said. I thought Michael had left during my little speech but I felt a jacket get put over my shoulders.

"Please just ignore everyone. Their honestly not worth your tears. I know you can't understand this but Luke does care about you, I can tell he does. He just doesn't realize he cares about you. That's why he's being such a jerk." Michael said before walking away

"Michael wait, your jacke-" I started to give him his jacket before he cut me off

"You need it more than I do, just give it back to me later or something." He said as he smiled and waved to me.

I went back to the bench and wrapped the jacket around me more before my mom pulled up in front of the school.

I got in quickly and kept my head down

"Oh sweetie what happened? Are you okay?" My mom asked quickly and I simply just nodded. The rest of the car ride was silent.

Once I got home I went upstairs and flopped in my bed.

"It's just you and me bed, once again."

ⓛⓤⓚⓔ

~~~

What am I going to do. She said she hated me. It hurt me when I said those awful things to her. This wasn't fair. God, I'm a horrible person aren't I.

After school ends I walked home and went straight upstairs. I walk over to my window and try to see if Alex is in her room. She is. She's sitting on her window sill with her head buried in her arms and knees.

"Hal" I choked out. "Hal please, I-I'm sorry."

Her head flew up as she looked over at me "don't ever call me that again. Don't ever talk to me. I thought we established that I hate you." Her eyes were tear stained.

"Just ask your mom about the letters. Please Hally" my voice cracked as I talked. This wasn't like me, but I wasn't myself since Alex left.

I used to always call her Hal because her middle name is Hally. I guess that privilege has been revoked. She just stared at me for a second, got up from her seat and walked away from the window until I couldn't see her any more.

ⓐⓛⓔⓧ

~~~~

Why would my mom know about the letters that Luke apparently sent me? It's not like she would know anything. I got up from my seat and walked into my moms room. She was sat on her bed, reading some article on her computer. She looked up at me and beckoned me over to her so she could hug me.