Chapter 2

It was as if a pitch-black curtain was drapped across the sky. I stared up at the twisted, warped shapes formed by the stars against the ever growing darkness. The sounds of shuffling could be heard behind me. Only one person would be here at this time, I turned.

"Oh Vincent, you're here!" And he gave me a smile that just seemed so genuinely sweet with just the right touch of shyness that unexpected warmth rushed through me.

"Hey Scott, you ready?"

  He was pretty short, about 5'4, I easily towered over him. His sandy hair was swept messily to one side.
His innocent emerald green orbs revealed everything; he was not ready.

  He would never be prepared for what was going to happen next. What was I thinking? Having the slightest hope that he would stay, who would?

"What could possibly go wrong? I'm ready." He replied a little too confidently. Any member of "Fazbear's Pizza" would have been able to tell that Scott knew nothing of the place. Everything he thought he knew, was a lie. The smiley faces, happiness, family friendly-ness......it was all just the outside.

  Why would a matter of life and death cross his mind? It was just a night shift after all, what could happen?

"Great, let's go." I unlocked and pushed open the transparent glass doors.

  The silence of the restaurant was deafening. Entirely drained of life, it was like a rundown amusement park. Banners hung limply from the walls, once cheerful posters all seemed so dull. The glassy eyes of the animatronics seemed to follow them as they walked past the show stage. Their shoes clattered against the marble tiles, echoing down the long dark corridor.

"We're here!" I announced.

  The office was a small messy room. A dusty metal fan sat on the desk, accompanied by a few small monitors which displayed the entire restaurant through its low-resolution screens. Posters and little kid drawings were pasted in an untidy manner on the walls. I picked my soda cup from the table and took a sip out of it.

"How long has that been there?" Scott pointed a pale finger towards the cup in my hand.

"You see Scotty," I tapped his nose teasingly and he jumped a little, "soda has so many preservertives that it can literally never expire." I took another sip, just the way I bought it.

  They settled down in the office. "This isn't too bad." Scott noted, I almost laughed.

"It's not 12am yet, wait till you see the real show." I spoke, Scott gave me a puzzled look.

"Ever heard of any rumors about this place?" I asked, unable to keep eye contact with him.

"Aw c'mon Vincent, this isn't the time." He really was clueless about the place.

"Ever heard of the soul-possesed animatronics?"

"Vince-"

"Once......

  I was working late into the night. The night shift wasn't taken up by me, but the other guard was busy so I offered to help. He warned me about the dangers, but I just swept them aside. Ghosts weren't real, were they? Later on that night, I began to regret. The animatronics were set on free roaming mode, that way their servos wouldn't go bonkers.

The clicking of gears and whirling of wires could be heard in the eerie silence of the place. You'd be sitting here knowing that death was lurking just one corridor away. Thing is, the animatronics are alive, they can talk and kill. They have souls and thoughts. And they will do some pretty nasty things if you're not careful."