Special

(Qing's POV)

The children are making it an interesting journey, that is for sure.

We still do our daily routine. After breakfast, after we clean the pots and pans and utensils and pack the wagon cleanly for travel again, Dayu and I continued to train them.

Hua and Dayu will look for a quiet spot away from me and Dao who tends to complain a lot.

I know that Hua will start with the breathing exercises before she will practice her movement skill. She will not be as quick in moving as his brother but Hua is proving to be more stubborn than Dao.

Like Dayu, Hua will not stop until she achieve what skill she wants to acquire.

Dao and I always begin with standing still for half an hour. I will order him to push his strength inside, he will look at me with questions in his eyes.

"But I am not as strong as you Baba! What strength will I push inside me?" He will ask.

Like I said, this one complains a lot.

"Then clear your mind," I order him. "And be quiet. Listen to your heart,"

Dao will follow. He will close his eyes and try his best to concentrate listening to his heartbeats.

We were almost done with that exercise when we heard a loud sound that came from where Dayu and Hua disappeared into.

I felt my heart thudded. I snatch my sword and run in the direction of the loud sound. I stopped and my eyes widened when I saw Dayu and Hua with a fallen tree in front of them.

A big fallen tree.

"What happened?" I asked Dayu. "Are you hurt?" I kneel beside Hua to check her out for any injury.

Dayu swallowed, "Captain, I think we have a big problem." He said then he pointed at the tree, "Hua did that," he said.

Hua cried then. "Baba, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it," she wallowed.

I hugged her and carry her in my arms as she cry. I stared at the tumbled tree. It was uprooted from the ground and fell hard. But it's not a rotten tree, it looked healthy and strong and the only way Hua can uproot it is if...

"She got your strength," Dayu said.

Yes, Dayu is right. We have a problem in our hands.

              -----------@------------

(Dayu's POV)

We continued traveling. Hua and Dao inside the wagon but for the first time since we left the Wang estate two days ago, both children are not making any ruckus inside the wagon.

They are not bickering with each other or reading a book or playing their toys. Hua is hiding inside her blanket while Dao is quietly concentrating while his eyes are closed.

I look at Captain Wang who held the reigns of the horses. He is concentrating on the road but I know, like me, he is worried about Hua.

"You didn't know. How can you possibly know. Hua was sickly," I put a hand on his arm.

"But I am her father. I should have..." Captain Wang is clearly disappointed with himself. "I thought Dao's quick mind and movement is the gift of our family. It always passed into the males in our family. How will I know that Hua will..."

Yes, who will know? Who could have known?

I glance back at the children. Nothing has change in their position. Hua is still in a fetal position beneath her blanket while Dao is leaning against the wall of the wagon with his eyes close.