First Glance. [1]

The new girl bustled into the room around the same time as everyone else, luckily no one else really took notice. Nada did though, she saw her walk in slightly apprehensive. First days can be like that, she remembered her own just over a year ago, she was still quiet— but she preferred it that way. It must be more difficult in her final year of high school though.The new girl took a seat a few rows behind her as the teacher walked in.

“Welcome class.” the teacher droned, “We seem to have a new student. Please introduce yourself so we can began today’s lesson.”

She self-consciously stood up and walked to the front of the class. “Ahnyeonghaseyo … I’m Nikki.” After another awkward moment, she shuffled back to her desk. With a nod, the teacher wrote a textbook number and a set of questions and sat back down and opened a newspaper. The class opened there books and a quiet whisper of studious conversation filled the classroom. She quickly finished the assigned math questions and spent the rest of the period like she did everyday. Thinking about him. Kiseop Lee. No one really seemed to understand him, all the girls agreed he was attractive but they seem put off but his cold-demeanor. But rather than write him off as an ice-prince, something about her felt like he needed help. She wanted to be there for him, but why would he let her of all people close?

She couldn’t help but look back at him, a few rows to the right and one row back. He was also done his work and had his textbook as a pillow. A troubled look crossed his face, her heart skipped a beat. How could she protect him? Just then, he opened his eyes and definitely saw her. Her face turned scarlet as she turned back to the front, flipping open her textbook.