Family over Punani

March 29th
9:47 pm
Dre Mommas Place

Dre POV

Today's my mom's birthday and we decided to throw her a lil party. Lo and I been pretty tight for the past couple days, I feel like she doing this shit cuz they leaving tonight. Lo still has a life and job at home so me keeping her in philly is jus putting lil man and her behind in the grind so mook said she'd take off work to drive them up nd shit. I wasn't letting my baby drive by herself

My momma sat beside me on the bench and jus sat there silently.

"You enjoying ur party momma ?"

"Yea. Its the one good thing to come out of the move"

"Im sorry yall didnt work out"

"Girl it ain't your fault that hes a grumpy hating ass old man he's been lik tht his whole life. you shouldn't have to change ur sexuality for no body."

Yes, im the reason my parents split. Pop hated the gays, my mom didnt really mind em so they split its so much more to the story buh thts the bare truths.

  "Plus i got myself a new man and we are just fine you'll meet him one of these days. How are you nd la or w.e"

Whn it come to Lo, Momma E dont play. She cheated once and my mom still be suspicious sometimes.

"Lo and i are good not too bad, mook giving her a ride home tonight"

  "Mm, well i want my hug from Andre before they go"

"Ard ima start cleaning now. You go upstairs ill clean i know you got work tmr. Love you"

Everyone started bouncing out or stayed to help clean up. I fuckin lost my phone while cleaning the dann house up so i dubbed it nd help my family pack.  Lo was being kinda off all up in her phone and shit, being short asf wit me and errthang. Im not sweating no broad to show me attention it was w.e. As i was loading up the car for dem Lo decided this is whn she wanna spill her feelings.

  "Dre's real dad wants me to bring him by tmr. I appreciate the escort buh you caused that shit back home, hopefully u aint going back to that shit up here."

I was stuck asf, Like idgaf I love dre more than anything and his dad isnt any better than me in that regard buh she loved the money at one point too. I mustve been too quiet for too long she sucked her teeth and stomped off. This heat came over me and before she was even 3 feet away i grabbed her arm and whispered politely

"Butttt remember who tf i am and who you are. We are in this together. I did what i had to. Dont use OUR son as a fucking excuse. Have a safe trip home. You are to call before and after leaving his house and dont sweat ill have someone to guarantee yall safety. Love you."

I gave her a kiss on the cheek hugged my mans goodnight, did our little hand shake and gave mook the directions. Ive gotten to far to lose this life i built.