Chapter 12

"OK, guys I got the application form but it barely says anything" James started.
I yawned. My stomach ached.
As the conversation continued I sat there pouting.
Alex shifted next to me " What do you mean barely says anything?"
"James, its a application form, isn't it supposed to have rules and all that stuff on it" Jasmine agreed.
Michael moved over to James, snatching the paper "He's right, it only says when the form should be handed in by and then 'More information shall be given at later dates' " he read in faked posh accent. Alex laughed then moved to take the so called form "This isn't a form where is all the application part of it" she scoffed. " I know right...."

The conversation  went on but I had completely tuned out. I got no sleep and then even managed to miss breakfast. I was just about done with my morning. Already. Not to mention the fact that I looked terrible. Absolutely ghastly. At this point I really couldn't care. I knew my day wasn't going to get any better so I just hoped it wouldn't get any worse - my type of optimism.

Someone rudely interrupted my chain of thought by poking me. Scowling I turned to meet a face, way too close to my own. I scooted backwards and so did he.

"Sorry, you look stressed, is everything okay?" he said.

'Do I look okay? And stressed? STRESSED? Dont I look a little more stressed than stressed to you? Take a look at my hair, you have your answer.' Is what I would have said if it were anyone else. "Yes, I'm just a bit tired" I managed a small smile. He smiled back.

"Hey, Ariana what do you think?" Alex shouted in my face. I panicked having no idea what they were talking about.

"Alex, why on earth are you shouting?" I said, only slightly annoyed.

"Because you are spacing out. So what do you think about going back to the office to ask about the form"

The whole situation with the lack of information we were given was suspicious...."We should wait until after class since there is a chance they might reveal more details"

We made it to lesson without getting lost. I was lucky to score a seat at the back. Those who did see me had the politeness not to comment on my outward appearance. I sat next to Jackson or more like he sat next to me but that is unimportant. Xavier cleared his throat to gain our attention before speaking. Tania stood quite awkwardly next to him. Considering all we technically had to wear was our own clothes they both dressed smartly.

"Good Morning, I first of all don't intend on fully following the schedules for lessons. I have one no two clear goals in sight for us as a form which I do intend for us to fulfil. However, we have  something to give each of you. Tania." He adjusted his glasses.  Tania picked up a large neatly stacked pile of paper. Handing one to everyone, sudden gasps chorused around the room. Tania got round to my row. She handed me mine " Thank you" then I saw what exactly we were being given. That's when the shouting started. Everyone was too shocked to comprehend.

Xavier raised his voice above the noise "Please remain quiet and I will allow Tania to explain"

Tania stepped forward " I was fully aware about how the council were planning to release their 'modified ' version of the form. The original consisted of all the competitions and rules, this one was for the organising team only but what I did manage to get was the document that they are using to base the coming contest on"

Everyone sat in silence. "What exactly is in it then?" someone asked.

"Every single past contests competitions, the rules, skills needed and the criteria you are judged on. This is more or less what they are using to create the next contest."

The cheers got almost a bit too loud. I was astounded. Tania was so quiet, I would never have guessed she did all the inside work.

James raised his hand, everyone went silent once again "Exactly how did you get this and wouldn't this be considered cheating" he questioned. Murmurs rippled through the room. James was right, if they ever found we would be eliminated for sure..