A little treat

Aija Pov

I had just arrived at work and  today seemed like t was going to be was a pretty slow day, it was sunday so the mall was pretty empty.

I liked coming in on sundays because it was double the pay plus we got a free ice cream voucher.

Nikki said she would pass by work during my lunch time later this afternoon and then we can  go shopping after my shift , but i knew that was a lie she just wanted the full juice on Xavier and to obviously  tell me about her "many" boyfriends.

I was folding the serviets when a famaliar voice shouted my name

"Look thats Aija" said a little girls voice

I looked up towards her direction and noticed Hailey, she immediately dragged the person she was with into the store. I noticed it was none other than Xavier
She gave me a hug and proceeded to tell me about her tea party and new toys that Xavier had just bought for her. I adored their relationship, she kinda brought out the kindness in Xavier.

Xavier gave me a small smile while he waited on us.
"Hey you want some ice cream"
I offered Hailey, she looked over at Xavier for his approval and he nodded his head.
I asked if he wanted some too and he said yes. I got some ice cream for the three of us and sat down at a round table in the corner of the store, while she played on the small kids area, It felt really awkward sitting alone with Xavier.
I was enjoying my banana split ice cream when Xavier interrupted the awkward silent moment with a question.

" So how many jobs you got? " he asked with a light chuckle. I noticed his shiny pearly whites and small dimples. He looked like a work of art, the Lord really took his time on him.

I cleared my throat, almost chocking on his unexpected words.
" I only have one job, yesterday was just community service, it was either that or detention" I spoke shyly realizing that I might have just said a little too much.

He gave me a confused look before asking me since when do they give good girls homework. I chuckled a little at his question before asking him what made him think I'm such a good girl.

I guess I left him speechless because he took some time to respond. The rest of the conversation wasn't really that awkward, he just asked about my age and invited me to his friend's 21st birthday party. I wasn't going to play easy so I said I'd get back to him with an answer.

And with that he got up and called Hailey. I cleared the table while he made his way to the counter to pay for the ice creams.

"No it's fine the ice creams are on me" I said as I packed the cups away

"Come on, just let me pay" he said sternly

I declined, and after minutes of going back and forth with him i managed to convince  him to let me pay for the treat. He agreed on one condition
" If you give me your number, I will let you pay for the ice creams."

I laughed at his negotiating tactics before agreeing.

For the rest of the day I served a few customers then clocked out before meeting Nikki at the food court. Like always she was late so I sat there for over 30 mins listening to SZA and thinking about life, I mean I was missing my sister. And I was already tired of school.

Nikki finally arrived and had the same basic excuse
" I wasn't late, I was fashionably late" she said with a laugh. I gave her a small smile before smacking her head for being late
" You had me looking all kinds of lonely"
She laughed at my statement. We made our way through the entire mall, bumping into a few people from school. The rest of the day was pretty cool, it's always fun shopping with Nikki, I mean she is loud AF and always looking for a discount.

I got home and had dinner before heading upstairs to my room and taking a long bubble bath.I got out of the bath tub and dried myself off before putting on my pyjamas and going to sleep, just as I layed my head on the pillow my phone started ringing. It was an unknown number so I was hesitant before answering.

"Hello" said the person on the other end of the line

"Hi" I answered

"I need you Aija, he's going to kill me, come save meee" the voice said almost whispering

"Who is this?"
I replied as a million thoughts skipped my mind, could my sister be in trouble again. Cause Charille really knew how to pick them, rich abusive and very arrogant.

I waited for the person to say something before the line dropped, it was silent, my stomach was now tied into a million knots. I wanted to run to my mom's room and tell her about the call, but I realized how she always never cared when it came to Charille. Plus it was probably just another prank call.