11.

you were walking back home from wontak's house. you didn't check the time that often and so you didn't realize that it was already late and you have classes tomorrow so you needed to be home as soon as possible so you could sleep early.

you were on the way home, walking along a dark alley, which made you feel a bit scared and uneasy.

you decided to call wontak so that he could assure you that you'll be okay and that he could take your mind off the scary thoughts you were having.

you tried calling wontak but no one answered, "is he showering?"

you then decided to call jihoon, but just like the previous attempt, no one answered, "is he doing his homework?"

you decided to call your roommate. expected, no one answered but you continued to walk straight.

you scrolled through your contacts and stopped scrolling when you saw daehwi's name. yorur finger stopped at his name and it stopped there for a while.

"should i?" you asked yourself.

you decided to call him anyway, "please don't misunderstand, i just feel unsafe, i don't like you back anymore."

he picked up after about 2 rings, "hello?" (have y'all listened to nu'est's 'hello' 2017 version asdfghjkl)

"daehwi.."

"is everything okay?"

"i'm not sure, i'm walking along this dark alley and there's sounds of glass shattering, and i think my roommate is asleep but i forgot my keys and i know how tired she has been so i don't really wanna wake her up now and i know it's late, i'm sorry for bothering but do you think i can stay over at your place? i don't really have anywhere to go,"

he agreed to let you stay the night almost immediately, not getting permission from his mother yet because he really wanted you over.

"where are you? i'll come walk you to my place,"

about 5 minutes later, you were sitting on a bench nearby and you spotted daehwi running towards you and he stopped in front of you, trying to catch his breath.

"sorry," you didn't look at him.

"why is it so awkward between us? just a few months ago, we were best friends,"

you couldn't give him an answer because you weren't sure either.

"let's go," and he lead the way.

-----

once you got to his place, you heaved a sigh of relief.

"oh, (y/n), you're here," daehwi's mother greeted you with a tired smile plastered on her face.

"i'm sorry to be bothering you at this hour,"

she reassured you that it's okay and that you were welcomed anytime.

daehwi led you to his room and left the room.

"where are you going?" he stopped in his tracks after hearing your question.

"i'm gonna get water for us," he walked out and saw his mother in the kitchen making the two of them some hot chocolate.

"thanks mom," he kissed his mother on her cheek.

"are the two of you just friends?" she asked.

daehwi smiled at his mother, "yep, we're just friends."

he came back into the room with the one mug in one hand each.

"i hope you're okay with sleeping on my bed," daehwi said to break the awkward silence between them.

"um, yeh, thanks. um, what about you?"

"i'll be sleeping on the sofa in the living room,"

"sorry for being such a burden,"

he looked at you with a slight glare, "you're never a burden, (y/n)."

-----

of course you couldn't sleep. being in a new environment, it was difficult for you to fall asleep. you needed something.

you slowly opened the door of daehwi's room and left the room to see daehwi, asleep on the sofa.

you were planning to sleep beside him because you think company was something you needed to fall asleep.

or maybe you were just falling for daehwi all over again.

you lied down beside him, trying your best not to wake him up but a slight movement made him jerk and it woke him up.

"(y/n)? what are you doing?"

"i'm not sure, i couldn't sleep, i was trying to sleep with you because maybe that'll help me sleep,"

he stood up, helped you up and led you to his room. he waited for you to lie down in a comfortable position before he got on.

daehwi made sure he kept his distance because he thought that you would be uncomfortable, especially because of the fact that you didn't like him back.

or at least he thought you didn't like him back.

"you can come closer, you're about to fall off the bed,"

he moved a bit closer but made sure he kept his distance, "thanks."

after a while, you began to talk, "i don't know why it's so awkward between us all of a sudden. maybe it's because you confessed but yet i didn't give you an answer but the answer is pretty obvious, isn't it? i'm just so sorry for everything. but i feel like you're acting cold towards me, is it because you've given up? i don't like you being cold towards me. i'm not sure why. maybe it's because we used to be the best of friends, or maybe it's because i used to have a crush on you while you were filming Produce 101."

you finally confessed, but it was too late.

"i'm not sure what it is, but i don't like it, please be happy again daehwi, i'm happy when you're happy."

you looked over to your left, where daehwi was at.

but the only unfortunate thing was that daehwi couldn't hear what you had just said because he had fallen in deep sleep.

-----

suRPRISE I'M HERE

had some free time on my hands and had an idea for a very shitty chapter so why not? bc my job is to give y'all some shitty content to read :) don't expect frequent updates anymore lmao i have no more ideas

i felt kinda bad for not updating so i decided to just squeeze out every idea i had and just picked the one that i felt could be the easiest to write because of how easy it flowed? idk how to explain lmao

but thank you to the people who still read this

also regarding the sudden lower caps, originally both my phone and my laptop have lower caps on all the time so every sentence starts with a lower caps and i kind of got tired of pressing or tapping the caps button before i start a sentence or a speech so heh something irrelevant

also sorry for all the typos i've made i hope it still made sense

thank you to all of you who are still here i cannot thank you enough

i hope you enjoyed reading this as much as i did writing it

thank you!! <3