she's turning into me - sharna

I think Norway is starting to take after me. She's beginning to dress like me, wear the same makeup brands as me, and most importantly, she's showing interest in dance. It's not a new occurrence, she had told me that dance seemed fun after the wedding, but it kind of died off for a while after that. It has resurfaced over the past month. I asked her what styles she would like to try and what studio she'd like to go to. She said she wasn't sure what styles she would like to do, but she knew right away which studio she'd like to go to. The first studio I went to when I moved to LA from Australia to follow my dream of dancing. I couldn't say no to her, she's too sweet. So, as her last Christmas present from James and I, we paid for her to start classes there. Even better, when I first called the studio to sign her up, they asked me to teach at a three-day camp and do a Q&A session. My schedule is packed, but again, how could I say no? That studio gave me my start, and I feel like I should give back and help to teach children with dreams just like mine. Norway's classes will start on the first day of the camp, which means I will be teaching her for her first three days.

At first, James was worried that I shouldn't teach. Ever since I told him that I was pregnant, he won't let me do anything. It took a lot of begging and assuring him that I would be careful, but he eventually, he reluctantly said yes. I still don't think he's fully convinced, and he has reason to be hesitant. I'm not one to take things easy, but for him and the baby, I will.

{January 2nd}

"Ow! Not so tight!" Norway complains as a pull her hair tie a bit tighter. I don't want her hair getting messed up while at the class. Sure, I could always redo it, but I'd rather not.

"I'm almost done." I reassure her as I gather her hair into a bun. She plays with the extra hair tie on her wrist while I finish.

"If you're this aggressive doing my hair for a class, I'd hate to see you doing my hair when and if I start to compete." She mumbles. I roll my eyes a bit. She'll thank me later when her hair still looks good, even after class is over.

"Done." I say, putting the last bobby pin in her hair. She takes the hairspray and tries to spray back a few stray ends. I hear footsteps approaching the door, and I know it's James. I don't tell Norway though, since I'm pretty sure she knows as well. Who else would it be?

"How's it going in h-" James doesn't get to finish his sentence before Norway jumps out of fear and sprays him with the hairspray. He backs away and I have to cover my mouth to keep from laughing. "Last time I checked, you don't need hairspray for your face." he grins and tries, but fails, to get some of the now dried spray out of his hair.

"We need to go. Bye!" Norway says, picking up her dance bag and running to the front door. I quickly hug James and walk to the door to meet her.

{January 2nd, 5:30}

"I'm...so...tired." Norway says before tossing her dance bag onto the floor, which Duke and Daisy immediately decide to investigate, and collapsing onto the couch.

"That's dance for you." I reply, a slight smirk playing on my lips. I walk into the kitchen and I see James trying to figure out the stove. "Whatcha doing there?" I ask, putting my hands on his shoulders.

"Trying to figure this thing out." he sighs and runs his hand through his hair. "For somebody who drives a complicated race car for a living, you should be able to figure out a stove."

I laugh and shake my head, "What do you need the stove for anyway?"

"I was going to make dinner for you and Nor." he admits, placing a quick kiss on my forehead. "It's not going too well though, as you can see."

"I'll help you get started." I take his hand in mine and guide his hand to the controls. We get the stove started and I let him take over. I keep a close watch though; we don't need the building being burned down.

After many failed attempts and nearly burning his hand on various kitchen items, James turns around and looks at me. "We're ordering a pizza." he says, taking out his phone.

"Good idea." I say, dramatically flipping my red hair and walking into the living room to wake up Norway. I see him jokingly roll his eyes. "Nor?" I softly rub her back to wake her up.

She rolls around to face me, her green eyes still showing her tiredness. "What?" she asks, rubbing her eyes.

"Your father tried to cook." she laughs a bit. "So we're getting a pizza."

Norway nods, "So he didn't burn down the apartment?" she turns her attention to James, who has just gotten off of the phone.

"Haha." he says dryly. "I stopped before anything got too hot."

"Everything on a stove is hot." she props herself up on her elbows and waits for James' comeback.

"Well that's...true." he gives in and lets her win. Besides, she was right.

I laugh and high five Norway. He comes into the living room and scoops her off of the couch. James carries her, upside down, into her into her room and I hear Norway laugh as he throws her down onto her bed.

"Don't mess with the Burgess girls." I stand up and walk to the door to get our pizza.

---------------

hi guys! i have a few announcements!

i'm changing all of the "part __" things in my titles to, well, actual titles lol
there's going to be a chapter from either caleb or laurie's pov coming up. i haven't decided yet. there may be a shortage of norway chapters after that...hehe
y'all are gonna hate me pretty soon ;)

i'm trying to get as many chapters as possible published today! bye!