Why I Couldn't

You said, "I don't trust you because you didn't tell me"

But how could I tell you that I am in love with you while you loved someone else

Why would I tell you that it hurt me to hear you talk about her the way I wished you'd talk about me?

Why would I tell you it broke my heart wishing you felt that way about me?

Why would I tell you when you were so happy and I tried so hard to be for you?

How could I tell you and make you feel bad because you just wanted to talk about who you loved?

So I could not tell you because it would break my heart to see you give that look when you think you can't talk about something because I want to hear you talk just to hear the happiness in your voice.

I could not tell you because you would not have acted the same or talked the same because you would have been cautious of what you said in fear of hurting me.

I could not because I wanted to see you happy, to see you smile, to hear you talk. I wanted you to know when everyone else might have told you stop, that I would never.

You will never feel the same way I do. You will never love me the way that I have loved you. You will never listen to me talk about someone I love and wish it was you like I did so many times. You will never know exactly how bad it hurt me to hopelessly love you.

You do not know what it was like for me to feel so deeply and know for the billionth time in my life I would not be loved back by the one I love.

So how can you not let me speak my side? How can you say you want to know yet not let me tell you?
How can you tell me it's pointless to say it when it is my thoughts and my feelings that I had to bottle up because you will not feel the same no matter how much I wish you would one day.

You do not know the way I still feel and how I did feel because you will not let me tell you.

You know I have never lied to you and that is the truth.

So if I'm willing to tell you now, shouldn't that be enough?