Chapter 5

He was there.

She was there.

He doesn't see me anymore.

She doesn't see me anymore.

In the Shinsengumi headquarters...

"Sougo, I know you're in love with that brat," Hijikata lectured as Sougo rolled his eyes. "Hijikata, who are you to lecture me? My dad?" Sougo scoffed, equipping his eyepatch. "As your friend!" Hijikata snapped. "The way you're acting," Hijikata sighed, "that's exactly how you're going to lose her."

"Is this they way you acted towards Aneue?! I know you don't care about her! I don't care about that Yorozuya brat either! I can't wait to leave this horrible country with unnecessary memories of that gorilla! I get it now! This is how you felt towards Aneue!" Sougo cried in Hijikata's face making the vice-commander plant a punch on the captain.

"Toshi! Sougo!" Kondo cried, as he saw what had happened. "Tch, the fact I look like Aneue... Does that make you hate me even more than you do?" Sougo scoffed, rubbing his cheek that looked swollen and sore.

"I heard everything, Sougo. You brat," Kondo scowled, looking scarier than he usually was. "You're a bastard, Sougo," Hijikata said.

They're ganging up on me. I am a useless person. I'm hurting everyone I care about. Even Aneue.

"I'll be taking my leave," Sougo said. "Like Hell!" Hijikata cried, swinging his sword in front of Sougo blocking the way. "Get that stick of yours out of the way," Sougo threatened.

"Toshi," Kondo signaled, making the Vice-commander drop the sword, still giving Sougo a look that could make any soldier drop to their knees.

"Cool off, Sougo. I expect better behavior from you," Kondo said with a smile, shocking Sougo.

Why is he smiling when I hurt him?

"Right," Sougo said, turning away from the commanders.

✖✖✖

"Maybe I should talk to Kagura-chan," the brunette-haired woman sighed, patting Kondo's back. After two years Otae finally agreed to marry Kondo because of her realization of her passion and love for the gorilla. "So... I should go with you, right?" Otae asked. "With me?" Kondo asked. "But your father's dojo!"

"Shin-chan is here to take care of it, I trust him," Otae smiled, taking the gorilla's hand. "Yes, but... This is your home!" Kondo stammered. "It's our home. I don't really wanna go with you, I don't want you to leave though. I just want to be with you," Otae smiled. "Ah, I can't just leave. Sougo's behavior today... He'll always be like this. I know how Toshi felt after leaving his love. He was really distant for a while, I don't want Sougo to suffer. And I don't want you to leave Edo. This is the country where we met. This town is the place we met. Where you said you liked hairy assholes!" Kondo cried, suddenly Otae stood up from the floor. "Please do your best convincing your superiors. I will do my best to talk to Kagura.

✖✖✖

What is this? Why do I feel so empty?

"Oi, K-kagura-chan, why're you not eating? A-are you still feeling bad from the other day?" the nervous Gintoki stammered. "I-I'm fine, Gin-chan, aru. I'll take Sadaharu on a walk, though," Kagura smiled, getting up from the sofa and to her white dog.

As she was walking it suddenly turned into nighttime. "Ah, I've been walking so long?" Kagura sighed, sitting down, seeing her dog yawn. "Ah... Go home Sadaharu. I'll be fine, aru," Kagura said, petting her dog and releasing it, watching him walk away.

She fixtated on the stars and fell asleep on the bench in darkness, the woke up finding a hand around her mouth with a whisper behind her. "Shut up," a voice said, she realized who this person was, the strength almost as strong as her father. Her older brother, Kamui.

✖✖✖

(Ahhh, yikes this chapter is really short. Sorry about that I feel like each chapter just gets corny and corny too :/ sorry!!! But yay!! 100 Reads already? Thank you for supporting me! I'll do my best for continuing this crappy fanfic. I'll just be a bit busy this week ^^ It's actually my Birthday on the second but anyways I'm glad there are some people enjoying this fanfic even if it's crappy!
-Alice)