Chapter Two: Fight or Flight

Chapter 2: Fight or Flight

jade's POV:

After accepting the guy's explanation, we just sat doing nothing and the atmosphere was tense.

"Anyways, I just want to thank you for bringing me here and giving me dry clean clothes," I said, looking at him with a small smile. "Even if your ways were a little unorthodox." I added, looking at him pointedly.

He chuckled, and I noticed that he has a small dimple on his right cheek, "Yeah sorry about that, won't happen again. And you're very much welcome." He smiled, showing that adorable dimple again.

"How long was I asleep for anyway?" I asked, wondering what my dad is doing now.

He took his IPhone from his pocket and glanced at it. "You've been out for about two hours. It's nine o'clock now." He informed me, and suddenly my eyes went wide.

I'm so dead.

I jumped up from the bed as fast as I could, hurrying to put my shoes on which I found by the door when we were pillow fighting.

Putting on my black converse, I looked at the guy. "Thank you so much for you hospitality..." I started, but then frowned when I realized that I didn't know his name.

The guy moved away from the wall where he was leaning on, watching me run around the room with interest.

"Zach," he said, coming forward and putting his left hand out for me to shake. "Zach Conner."

Putting my right hand out, I reached and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm jade."

"Likewise." He replied.

"So I really have to go now or I'll be dead meat." I said, moving toward the door to leave.

I was about to open the door when Zach spoke," Umm, jade? Your clothes." He looked at me with eyebrows raised.

I looked down at myself, "Oh right." I mumbled. I was still wearing his too-big clothes. God, I felt like face palming myself.

"Wait here, I'll get them for you." He said, before turning and disappearing behind a black door.

Couple of minutes later, Zach came back holding my grey tank top, my black leggings and a jacket of some sort.

Handing me my clothes, he kept the jacket and pointed at a door. "That's the bathroom, you can change in there."

Entering the bathroom, I quickly unclothed myself from Zach clothes and put mine one.

Ten minutes later, I was out of the bathroom walking toward Zach. He handed me the olive green jacket, "You should wear this. It's too cold out there for what you're wearing."

I thanked him and put it on, instantly feeling the warmth radiating off of it.

"One last thing, I'm going to drop you off." He said, pocketing his keys.

I was about to protest when he spoke again, "It's dark out there and it's dangerous for a girl to walk alone in the dark. So, I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Fine." I mumbled. "But, hurry up. I'm so not looking forward to dying tonight."

He chuckled, like what I said was a joke.

Yeah dude, keep thinking that way.

Putting on a black jacket over his dark grey long sleeve t shirt, he stuck his hand in his black skinny jeans' pocket before gesturing for me to walk ahead.

Opening the door, icy cold wind immediately rushed in and I gripped the jacket tightly securing it around my body.

Stepping out on the dirty ground of the alley, we started our silent journey out of it. First we were walking straight ahead for about 3 minutes then we headed right were we stopped in front of black car.

Zach clicked something in his hand, causing the car to let out a loud beep. "Get in." He said, pointing at the passenger seat.

Walking the few short steps away from him, I climbed in. seconds later Zach got in as well.

He started driving and we didn't speak a word, except for him asking me my address and me reciting it. I was thinking about how this car had seat warmer and how my butt wasn't freezing now.

Yeah, sue me.

Seriously, I was thinking about what I'll do when I have to see my father again. What will I say? I was feeling overwhelmed and I guess all my feelings caught up with me since I hadn't cried since my mom's death. I think all of it wasn't healthy. To keep my emotions locked inside will eventually cause me to blow up. Like today.

Snapping back into reality, I saw that we were a street away from my place and my palms started to get sweaty.

Zach stopped in front of the house, and looked at me. I gave him a small, hoping that my nervousness wasn't shown, and thanked for everything he has done for me.

He smiled back and shrugged, brushing it off.

I guess it was the moment of truth now. Looking at him one last time, I opened the car's door and got out. I then turned around and gave Zach a smile wave, until he drove away from the house and his car became invisible.

I sighed. You know what they say,

It's fight or flight.